OK, If you must, Auction link

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: OK, If you must, Auction link

Its actually a bit of a 'B' grade movie but a classic non the less. The car was a Ford Falcon Intercepter (what the real cops used back then as highway pursuit), 351 cleveland, blown and of course "sshhhe shucks nitro" (gotta say it with a stutter AND a lisp). It was filmed in melbourne, I watch it every so often and constantly reconise background locations (and it was made in the seventies!) Was released in the U.S. as road warrior - no?<br /><br />Mark, got hit hard, lost 3 trees - but we need it!<br /><br />Aldo

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Triton II:<br /> This is my ideal Australian ute! Holden 5.0L V8 :cool: <br /> Must say though LD, your (or soon to be someone else's) thing is WAY cooler! Best of luck with the auction.
Man, that is "WAY COOL" Why is it that you guys get all the cool stuff, Seems to me those would sell like hotcakes over here.

dolluper

Captain

The Pont GTO is the Aussie one,Forget the Windsor unless your hauling around the farm Go Cleveland had one in the 70's that pulled low 12's in the quarter,and almost stock.Pulled a 11.87 once but popped a servo in the C6 trannie doing it. And Mark hang on for the Gusto looks like your well on the way 7000 for a solid car that age is cheap

LubeDude

Admiral

Just had the first "DUMB QUESTION"!<br /><br />Does the car have power steering, brakes and air conditioning? :eek: <br /><br />What part of looking at the pictures dont you understand?<br /><br />Probably a kid that doesnt know what those things look like.

LubeDude

Admiral

Now things should get interesting. :cool:

one more cast

Captain

My guess is since the reserve is met people will just watch it until close to the end and then have a bidding war.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Seems ya might have a hot one there L'Dude!

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Lubedude.<br />You have prepped a very nice example there. Seems a pity to sell after so much work has gone into the car but......<br />I like the honest description and the footnotes. Straight up and tell it like it should be.<br />Pity I dont live in the US coz that car is veeeerrrryyy tempting.<br />Good luck.<br />Regards<br />Peter

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by peterf:<br /> Hey Lubedude.<br />You have prepped a very nice example there. Seems a pity to sell after so much work has gone into the car but......<br />
Yes, I know what you mean, but the whole Idea from the start was to sell it. You dont know how hard it is not to drive it. I intentionally didnt licence or insure it for that very reason.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

It ticked up another notch, yesterday, LubeDude. Maybe someone won a SuperBowl bet. :cool: <br /><br />It's getting close to the home stretch. I bet it will get heated in the last couple of hours. You may be givin away that new set of tires, yet.

LubeDude

Admiral

I expect it to be that way also, Usually after the reserve is met it will stall untill the last few hours. You just never know till its over.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by myoutboards:<br /> ill trade ya my mother in law for it!?!?!
Does she do windows? By the way, I got your message. :D :D :D

f_inscreenname

Commander

Why are all the nice cars on the west coast. Lube would you deliver? :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There went the buy it now out the window, save them tires. :D

ndemge

Commander

f'n.... swing buy st. louis and put that motor in the back :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

'Dude, did you do all that work crawling around on a creeper, or do ya have a lift yet? Bumpers and A-arms off the car. That isn't any fun with a car sitting on jackstand and you slidin around on the floor.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> f'n.... swing buy st. louis and put that motor in the back :)
:D :D :D like killing two birds with one stone if I can just get that other bird to line up. :rolleyes:

Realgun

Commander

Boom if that had been a 70 I would have bid on it!!! TritonII Can I get 1 of those truck/car/El Camino update?<br /><br />Stupid Chevy has a car that would kill that stupid SS (Super Stupid) not Super Sport and hey don't sell it here.<br /><br />I would buy 1 in a heartbeat but, I can't even look at an SS.