OK, If you must, Auction link

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: OK, If you must, Auction link

Thanks for the great explanation Boom. I still get messed up on that stuff too. Hope LD gets some more bids quick. Under 5 mins.

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, no flury at the end, such is life on Ebay!<br /><br />I actually did allright, Obviously was hoping to get more though.<br /><br />Anyway, its over if they actually pay for it.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Where and when? The celebration party that is.<br /><br />Your shout?

sangerwaker

Commander

Hope that part goes well for you, LD. I've no experience with higher priced stuff on there. My mom has done well on ebay with some rather expensive items, though.<br /><br />I was kinda surprised to not see a birage of bidding in the closing minutes. It's usually quite common I think. Although, I'm kinda a sniper by nature!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sorry it did not go any higher LD, but ebay is usually a pretty good indicator of value. Do ya have to pay the kid anything?

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Sorry it did not go any higher LD, but ebay is usually a pretty good indicator of value. Do ya have to pay the kid anything?
I got out of it what I wanted, I was of coarse hoping for a little more. I wouldnt have to "Give the kid any", but Im going to split the profit with him as they really do need it. Ah gosh, Im such a softy. Ill have to make him take it though. Even though it was a lot of work, I actually enjoyed seeing it actually become something and it was a good break from having to make everything correct as I do in my actual job where everything has to remain correct as it came from the factory. Ill take a $1,000 plus what I put into it and he will get a $1,000 more than I gave him for it. So I figure I made about $10.00 an hour working on it. Better than a kick in the pants. :D <br /><br />Anyway, Its all done, I talked with the guy that bought it, he is from the Sanfrancisco bay area, and is sending the deposit tomorrow, and will pick it up the Saturday after this one.<br /><br />Glad you all had fun following the progress on the car, I know that I had fun sharing it with you.<br /><br />Now, anyone want to get ito it over something about oil? :p :p :p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Maybe you should take your purse and buy an electric lift LubeDude. I'm gettin worried about you rolling around on the floor and all. :cool:

sangerwaker

Commander

ROFL<br />Rolling<br />On<br />Floor<br />LubeDude<br /><br /> :D :p

Link

Rear Admiral

LubeDude <br />You never know whats going on behind closed doors.. <br />During the last five minutes of the auction I was on the phone with a friend in Spokane WA..he was DLing my email saying darn darn darn this darn dial up.. (thats the clean version) by the time he got it the auction had ended.. man was he ticked! Hey I tried! BTW that phone call cost me $2500.00 But I will make a seperate post about that! :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Lucky we didn't notice this as a promotional thread before now, LD.<br /><br />Since the auction is over I will leave it alone.<br /><br />But, for the record, listing links to your own auction is against our "no selling" rule.

LubeDude

Admiral

Woops, Busted :eek: <br /><br />Actually never thought about that, Just thought that sense I was posting pictures of the restoration as it went along, I would share the auction side also. Seems there was quite a bit of intrest in people doing so.<br /><br />My humble apologies, It wont happen again.<br /><br />I did get one over on ya though. :D :D :D