Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Just trying to make sure I have this right. You had 3: 2 x 8 and 2: 2 x 4....For the 5 total pieces. If that's right (may not be) you may have a typo that could throw some folks off..,

Thanks for 'splainin.. This is prolly how I will do mine. My only bummer is that all of my a-c fir has warped miserably beyond salvage. 400 stack of firewood....ughhh

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Yep,
Three pieces = 3/8 inch thick by 2 feet wide by 8 feet long, and 2 pieces 3/8 inch thick by 2 feet wide by 8 feet long...
Basically assembled just like you see in the attachment below...

Once put together created a 3/4 inch thick by 2 foot wide by 16 foot long board.

Attachments

• Stringer blank pieces.jpg
    Stringer blank pieces.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member

PS- Don't tell anyone, but the fireplace is fake, I just threw it together with some left over wood from all the house interior remodeling...it is usually TOO dang Hot down here in South Florida to ever really use a fireplace...:redface:

It's all good, gives the MRS somewhere to hang xmas stockings for all the iBoats loot you'll be gettin'/needin' until your done!

Your day looked GREAT. Mine tells me why drinking & fighting is so popular in Alaska during the winter & 24hrs of darkness days....:eek:

It looks like a whole different boat w/out the BBE......

Nice looking stringer, congrats on starting the put back!!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well I have been fighting a stupid little sinus cold for the last 3 days, and doing what I did today has got me beat down, so I am calling it quits and headed for some chicken soup...

Got as far as cutting and roughly fitting the second knee stringer plus a couple of other odds and ends...
I am pleased with the accomplishments of the day, hopefully get a good night sleep and try to crank out at least the center stringer tomorrow...I'll see how good I feel...

Hasta Later,
GT1M

DSCF1496.jpg

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

Trooper82

Commander

Nice days work GT, even if you were fighting a head cold.

I see a pile of dust in the last pic, you back to grinding again?

j/k...I see it is sawdust.

Wish I was at that stage, less itch that way....

Looking good keep on keepin on!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice work GT it.s good to see her in the sun with no bbe!:cool:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks y'all...

Quick morning progress update...

How to measure for my center stringer, plus keep things in line while I do so...

This is how...Build a couple of templates...

DSCF1505.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

And just to make sure, throw a level, or two, or three on there...:rolleyes:
DSCF1503.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

Now I can measure that pesky center stringer...

If I could only keep this darn snot factory in the front of my face from cloggin up the works...:facepalm:

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hey GT you take all those levels then git some screw drivers from jbc and open a tool rental store.:D
Keep up the good work ! Stringer fab looks great!
S.P.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

nicely done, won't be long before your glassing it up!

Trooper82

Commander

That jig made is nice, I like. Those will be a good helping hands for sure. Looking real nice GT.

rrumba

Ensign

you know GT it is just not fair that you get to enjoy and put all that warm weather to good use while some of us are struggling... nice to see you progressing

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
Forget the rebuild just take a couple of pic of the palm trees and blue sky for me PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEE?

no bbe, and you're showin her who's boss. Stringers are lookin good boss.

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

Hey GT
I always said a man could not have too many levels……

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

OK, it didn't really happen without the pics, but I did get the center stringer rough cut and somewhat fit into the hull...even did a couple of minor mods to the jigs, to help out even more...this stupid head cold got the better of me, and I realized too late that I didn't take any pics of the final mock-up, before I had everything put away...

So, just to prove that the center stringer actually got cut, here it is...
DSCF1512.jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

And this pic is for Craig, and all of you poor freezing, snowed under guys, way up there in the great white North...

7:15AM, 66 Degrees, Beeeee-U-ti-ful...too bad I have to go to work...

DSCF1510.jpg

DSCF1508.jpg

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

crying.gif

Tears/Joy = GREAT Progress!

Tears/Sad~Mad = Nice indoor heated, furnished workshop & you've got this OUTSIDE???

You officially S#$K sir. Nah, yous OK in my book. I don't even have it as bad as some.....

Seems as thought the Admiral was nice enough to leave you the vacuum.......;) Good work, & no you can't have too many levels, screw drivers yes, levels no...

Decker83

Commander

I just need to know if you have enough eye's to see all the vials on all the levels and still be able to hold the tri square in place and use the tape measure and have an eye on the mark where needed to make that center stringer? :confused: (LOL)

Your work looks great. Your templates will really help when you PL the stringers in.

Have you heard anything about your resin?

Keep it up there buddy.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I just need to know if you have enough eye's to see all the vials on all the levels and still be able to hold the tri square in place and use the tape measure and have an eye on the mark where needed to make that center stringer? :confused: (LOL)

Your work looks great. Your templates will really help when you PL the stringers in.

Have you heard anything about your resin?

Keep it up there buddy.

If you count the eyes in the back of my head...the invisible third eye on my forehead...my two regular eyes, plus my eyeglasses, my mind's eye, and finally the somewhat blind brown eye...;)

Yeah, I'd say I got them just about covered...:eek:LOL

Now, if I could just get the extra set of arms to grow in, I'd be all set...:D

Nope haven't seen or talked to the "resin connection", but that's OK, I still got a lot of cypherin and fittin and cuttin yet to do, so 'nother week or two and I'll jump on it...

Plus the last time I talked to him 'bout it, he told me the Gallon price was right around 20 per, but he was gonna check on the price by the Fiver...hey, even if its a couple bucks cheaper, that could add up to another yard or two of CSM...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.