hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

Ward, you almost have me convinced that I need to regelcoat my hull. It just might work better than painting it since I've got so many bugs flying into the paint that I've done already....I'd have to sand the gel coat smooth anyway!

NOOOO.....RED....NOOOO....MIKE...DONT DO IT... :D:D

i just thought of something kinda disturbing :eek: with all the talk about secret theams and unvailings does this mean at some point we are going to get cut off from updates till it is done :(

uh....yup....yer right....i cant give the name of the boat....and its in the theme.....i was gonna tape paper bags over the spots where i gellcoated the name into the boat

hahahah Neil , nope Ooops will just have to send the pics to Red and he will have to efit them in FS, and then send them back to oops !!! lol

yer just too durn smart !...:D ...great idea

but i don't want edited pics!!!(stomps feet like a little kid)

Hey ooops. As you know I'm laid up and have a ton of time on my hands. So, I finally finished reading your thread. Man, what a ton of info here. You really know your shiiiii.
~Jason

it was allways my goal to post every thing i did and experimented with, that way we all could learn from my screw ups !:D....this site has taught me how not to do lots of stuff !

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i was just talking about tools on another thread.....

i just wanted to let you guys know....yee haa...!!!!!...

i just cant think of a reason to use the grinder for a bit !!!!....:D

hey guys......guess what tool was in my hand for most of the night tonight that i got nuthin done with :eek: :eek:....

murphy....god...or karma :confused:

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hey guys......guess what tool was in my hand for most of the night tonight that i got nuthin done with :eek: :eek:....

murphy....god...or karma :confused:

hey now oops this ain't the site for that kind of talk:eek:.......oh wait your talking about the grinder arn't you:D

erikgreen

Captain

hey now oops this ain't the site for that kind of talk:eek:.......oh wait your talking about the grinder arn't you:D

I was going to guess "Corona" :)

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh... oh... oh...

I just figured out the "solid" steering wheel.

its going to be a giant Corona beer cap.:p:D..

oh I'll bet there will be a littlle hose leading from the
"auxilary fuel tank" (the one that suspicously looks like a keg of corona) to the captains chair

strangly enough, oops has to take the boat to the liquor store to get that fuel tank refilled.:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

"auxilary fuel tank" (the one that suspicously looks like a keg of corona) to the captains chair

heh heh heh.....thats a good idea :D :D :D beer keg gas tank.....but what will the boat run on :D

Fish~n~Chips

Seaman

oh... oh... oh...

I just figured out the "solid" steering wheel.

its going to be a giant Corona beer cap.:p:D..

strangly enough, oops has to take the boat to the liquor store to get that fuel tank refilled.:D

For some reason I can just picture him wearing the double can beer hat. LOL

oops!

Supreme Mariner

actually...i was working on the gas tank support last night.....

the peice was cut out and glassed bolth sides a long time ago.....i just never test fit it......(my buddie cut it out and said it was good :()

well....i grabbed the grinder i had just said i wouldnt have to use, and started shaping the wood.....it is a v shape. it goes in the bow....the very tip of the support is lower than the aft edge, so the gas in the tank is allways siphoned out of the front.

i worked on that peice for three hours....shaving here...shaving there, and finally working on building the riser that will also serve as the battery cage (yes...under the gas tank).....each of these areas will be glassed and gellcoated.

ill have the pics up as soon as i can

cheers
oops

redfury

Commander

Ward, I'll help you "mask" any photo's you want since I know the theme of the boat anyway. Hell, I had thought of Photoshopping one of the hull pictures and sending it to your email to see if I had the same vision your graphics guy and you do :D

But alas, I haven't even started mucking around with the paint scheme on MY boat pictures! DARN YOU AUTUMN AND ALL OF YOUR ACCURSED LEAVES! :mad:

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I found a storage place that will let me work on my boat over the winter!!! I just sealed the deal with the guy over the phone. I told hit like 2 months ago that i wanted to store my boat in there and be able to work on it in there as well. He was honest in telling me that he did not like work going on in there but if he did not have any other people call him then he would call me back. That was like 2 months ago so i figured id never hear from the guy again. He called today and told me that he wants 50 a month for the shop and a signed contract for 300. so thats 6 months min i have to rent it. That is good news to me. Im going over there tomorrow to look at it. It has above head heat and electricity. He said it even has a wifi in the shop next to me that i can access from my laptop. Im so stoked!!!!!!!!! The guy must know about boat restoration cause he told me that if im grinding in there he is going to want the whole place cleaned when im done with it. LOL I know that makes a mess.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Hey Oops I found this engine for sale on Clubsearay.com which I frequent often.

Seems like a decent deal for $2500.

http://clubsearay.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13078

Doug

hmmmmm....thank you for thinking of me.... im gonna check on shipping right away for that.....

i found a marine racing zz4 that is a little tired but good for my purposes....no klu is going to see it as soon as he can get there.

but a new 454 is very appealing !

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

topic streamlining

Last edited:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I found a storage place that will let me work on my boat over the winter!!! I just sealed the deal with the guy over the phone. I told hit like 2 months ago that i wanted to store my boat in there and be able to work on it in there as well. He was honest in telling me that he did not like work going on in there but if he did not have any other people call him then he would call me back. That was like 2 months ago so i figured id never hear from the guy again. He called today and told me that he wants 50 a month for the shop and a signed contract for 300. so thats 6 months min i have to rent it. That is good news to me. Im going over there tomorrow to look at it. It has above head heat and electricity. He said it even has a wifi in the shop next to me that i can access from my laptop. Im so stoked!!!!!!!!! The guy must know about boat restoration cause he told me that if im grinding in there he is going to want the whole place cleaned when im done with it. LOL I know that makes a mess.

good for you andy....thats a heck of a score....you can be toasty warm when you are workin on the boat....keep atter !

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Are you shopping for motors OOPS? If so what is your wish, for mode of power?

morning turtle...... :)

sbc....over 500 hp at high rpm....(6000 wot)....383 stroker....a zz4 built to the hilt but still relaiable....or a retired racing motor....(marine) that wants to be treated well !.....oh.....and the budget is 3 dollars....:D :D :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Ward, I'll help you "mask" any photo's you want since I know the theme of the boat anyway. Hell, I had thought of Photoshopping one of the hull pictures and sending it to your email to see if I had the same vision your graphics guy and you do :D

But alas, I haven't even started mucking around with the paint scheme on MY boat pictures! DARN YOU AUTUMN AND ALL OF YOUR ACCURSED LEAVES! :mad:

hey red....after you get done killing the leaves !....(may i suggest a flame thrower)......

if you wanna take a crack at it.....id be honored.......here is the tower...i hope it is the right angle....if not...i have more....and you have a pm with more detailes

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

topic streamlining

Last edited:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

deckingset1001.jpg

this is the same tower....its a titan on the calibria boat line

deckingset1005.jpg

its the only tower i have found that will do with the lines of the boat.

deckingset1002.jpg

deckingset1003.jpg

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

topic streamlining

Last edited:

jcsercsa

Captain

How about a new Volvo 8.1 Litre 375 H.P. Gi-B for $6500.00?

26202_1.jpg

26202.jpg

OHHH MAN do you think this thing would fit in my 15,6 foot tri-hull ??? ZOOOM ZOOOM ZOOOOOOOM I got to get a bigger boat !!! hahahahaha John

Status
Not open for further replies.