Re: Ebbtide Tri-Hull Restoration

tmcalavy,

Water pics as promised.

101_0778.jpg

Short video my daughter snapped.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Way to go, man! Now enjoy it while the kiddos are young enough that they don't mind being seen in public with, gasp!, their parents. Those are special years. Ours went too fast.

Driven1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Really awesome job on your Ebbtide. Looks like a completely different boat! I'm hoping that someday my MFG tri-hull will look that good. Again, just an amazing job!

jcsercsa

Captain

great job TriadSteeler, Looks like she rides really nice , I am so jealous !!!! but I am getting there !! again she looks brand new !!! John

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Well done and good info, this looks like a candidate for the completed projects forum.

woosterken

Lieutenant

WOW TRIAD,

BEAUTIFUL JOB, after all the work it would make me CRAZY to beach her

woosterken

TriadSteeler

Petty Officer 1st Class

reelfishin said:
Nice job, I like the expanded console, lots of room for modern gauges.

That was the part I put the most thought into. I wavered between trying to retrofit a prefabbed jet boat dash, to making two entirely new consoles and everything in between. I basically decided to just extend it up a little because to be honest, I was sick of working with (and spending gobs of cash on) fiberglass and wanted to keep it as simple as possible. When I found the burled formica at Lowe's that finalized the plan.

tmcalavy said:
Way to go, man! Now enjoy it while the kiddos are young enough that they don't mind being seen in public with, gasp!, their parents. Those are special years. Ours went too fast.

That was the whole reason I even started this project. My daughter is as addicted to this thing as I am.

Driven1 said:
Really awesome job on your Ebbtide. Looks like a completely different boat! I'm hoping that someday my MFG tri-hull will look that good. Again, just an amazing job!

It was a long road and having a very understanding wife who let me spend the cash on the little extras was a huge help.

ondarvr said:
Well done and good info, this looks like a candidate for the completed projects forum.

I'll submit it after I clean up the thread. I also want to take some more pics of some of the more unique (and hopefully not foolish) things i tried in this resto.

woosterken said:
BEAUTIFUL JOB, after all the work it would make me CRAZY to beach her

Believe me I checked that area thoroughly before beaching her. The sand was really soft. I also used two stern anchors to keep her from swinging in toward the beach.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Triad, great job on the resto, Im surprised that theres only 3 total pages on this thread? wow, short but sweet.......glad you have a NEW boat that is better than new really....updated...all you....NICE WORK!

I thought it was extra cool for you to thank all those in support. :)

ps that formica dash looks sweet, matchinig steering wheel...awsome, I have a 1961 Glasspar G3 that we want to do a burled walnut dash on, bet that formica would hold up better than the real thing (walnut or similar veneer)

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OH MY GOD:eek: I have been on here for the better part of a year now and never saw this thread! You my man are a resto god! That boat is SOOOO nice! TO start with a typical heap like all of ours and to end up with THAT as an end product makes me damned near(hard for me) speechless! I will never stop being flabergasted by what can be accomplished with hard work 3 or 4 lost pounds from sweating in a tyvek suit and the ITCH can create. You restored that thing to an expert level and should be more than proud of the job you and your daughter did! My only question is why in the holy hell did you end up with carpet back in that thing?:D

drewpster

Commander

Outstanding! nuff said. A THA member if I ever saw one. (Tri-hull owners ***.)

enjoy it
drewp

bear_69cuda

Commander

Triad,

First timer dude,

My jaw is on the floor... Such a cool project, daughter is as fired up as you... Love everything done on this boat! Looks better than new! What is the material on the deck?

Peace...