Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II - First Time Rebuild - Floor, Engine, Dash, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it was a tad chilly to do the foam under the deck. so I decided to install the windows in the Camper. thought someone may enjoy any sort of an update. I plan to get plastic sheeting today in order to build a tent over the boat and then my heater can warm up a smaller portion of the garage which will be more efficient.

Dont mind me cutting the 2x4 window frames, I didnt fully understand how the window went together when I measured and built the frame, and had already cut the holes in the sides... not proud, but I dont think its gonna matter.
    - Austin

Current Project: 1987 Ski Centurion Rebuild - Tru Trac II

"Let's get outside and into the fresh air first; then we can figure out the rest of our adventure."

Comment

• Originally posted by ACon977 View Post
      Well it was a tad chilly to do the foam under the deck. so I decided to install the windows in the Camper. thought someone may enjoy any sort of an update.
      I do I like any kind of constructive work updates. Looks good.
      Dance with the waves,
      move with the sea.
      Let the rhythm of the water
      set your soul free.

1987 Four Winns 170 Horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by chevymaher View Post
        I do I like any kind of constructive work updates. Looks good.
        Deal! Well I like posting any updates I can, keeps me motivated to knock off a little every day.

Last night I had quite a few errands to run, but got the insulation up on one wall of the trailer. and built a little heat tent over the boat by using the engine hoist as the main supports. Planning on doing the foam today or tomorrow. excited to make that next step!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190108_211815-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	10694836 . Click image for larger version

Name:	20190108_211821-1612x1209.jpg
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	10694837
        - Austin

"Let's get outside and into the fresh air first; then we can figure out the rest of our adventure."

Comment

• Enjoying the updates on the trailer. I like it!
          - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by oldrem View Post
            Enjoying the updates on the trailer. I like it!
            Thanks Eric! Glad to have you following along!
            - Austin

Comment

• Well it was a high of 40 all weekend so I decided to hold off on the foam again.

but i did get all the insulation, walls, and ceiling panels up. Plus started building the bench seats until I ran out of screws and my old drill was getting warm. Still pretty good progress for a few hours each day.

Name:	20190111_194429-3264x1888.jpg
Size:	832.3 KB
ID:	10696142

Name:	20190113_183632-1875x1404.jpg
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	10696140

Name:	20190113_183642-1875x1581.jpg
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	10696141
              - Austin

Comment

• bump - for more epic ski boat building

Oh, and I didn't know if you were aware that Ron Tanis (Ski Boat Parts Online) has posted some new videos on the American Skier restore that he's doing.

My 1993 Ski Centurion Falcon resto-mod thread:
                https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...on-restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
                  bump - for more epic ski boat building

Oh, and I didn't know if you were aware that Ron Tanis (Ski Boat Parts Online) has posted some new videos on the American Skier restore that he's doing.
                  The bump is necessary! Ive been making good progress on the camper/trailer and the Admiral wants to use it this winter, so its priority for her. Therefore.... priority for me. But should be finishing that up today or tomorrow and then Ill hand it over to her for the finishing touches. Then its more epic ski boat building for me!

And I didnt see his updates. Thanks for the heads up, I've enjoyed that series.
                  - Austin

Comment

• Well, another productive work day on the trailer. Got the benches all finished assembly, just to the sanding and painting. And then the Table assembly in the middle. Which will drop down to be flush with the seats to make the bed surface.

Name:	20190116_212103-2016x1134.jpg
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	10697116

Name:	20190116_212133-2176x1568.jpg
Size:	494.6 KB
ID:	10697117

BUT today is sunny and warm in Denver, sounds like its time to play with some foam after work.... Ill post pictures tonight or tomorrow.
                    - Austin

Comment

• Warming up the boat bubble!

Name:	20190117_173427-1996x1593.jpg
Size:	582.8 KB
ID:	10697174
                      - Austin

Comment

• And we got our first pours. I dont know how much it's supposed to expand. But we did 400, 600, and 800ml of each A and B for the 3 respective pours. But it was definitely expanding! We only did port side tonight.

Name:	20190117_180545_001-2016x1134.jpg
Size:	573.8 KB
ID:	10697194

Name:	20190117_180550-2016x1134.jpg
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	10697195

Name:	20190117_182025-1134x2016.jpg
Size:	468.3 KB
ID:	10697196

Name:	20190117_180553-2016x1134.jpg
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	10697197
                        - Austin

Comment

• Very cool plus the Captain to help is even better.
                          Most times I'm wrong, Most times I stand corrected..But...Sometimes I'm right.
                          1983 SportCraft Deep V OSFF 222 Cuddy Rehab
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ddy-walkaround
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...-new-fuel-pump

Comment

• wtf you making a paddy wagon? nice work
                            project:https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...r-2159-hardtop
                            Previous project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rint-bass-boat
                            Previous previous project/conversion https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rsion-splashed

Comment

• Originally posted by mickyryan View Post
                              wtf you making a paddy wagon? nice work
                              ha ha ha !!!! So I know you said you'll be able to sleep in there. Will you put anything in there? Mountain Bikes?
                              My 1993 Ski Centurion Falcon resto-mod thread:
                              https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...on-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by kcassells View Post
                                Very cool plus the Captain to help is even better.
                                Agreed! Definitely nice to have the help during setup and during the pours when the foam started expanding.
                                - Austin

Comment

Working...
                                X