Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
LOL I went to get and mixed the gas. Then got sidetracked. Did 400 lbs of concrete then rock over that in the parking spot. Old rocks were sinking after 5 years.

Than I was again doing gardening. Thanks for the pic of what the bush will look like., I got the weeping cherry in pink. It is in my front yard.

chevymaher

Commander
Well I was doing the light and noticed I forgot to replace one of the roillers. So I got it ordered and the axleshaft and caps.

I fooled with the tractors starter. turned the key nothing. I cleaned the plug into the ignition switch with contact cleaner. Turned right over.

Last time I fooled with it i had gas running down the frame. I took the fuel bowel and floar and needle out. It was all a mess. I cleaned it all up solved that.

Tractor fires right up now. Step closer to water time.

Last prep is once the mud dries back her out and start the boat. warm it up on the hose. Then wax it all and simple green the interior. Put the fishing tackle in for the summer.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well I was doing the light and noticed I forgot to replace one of the roillers. So I got it ordered and the axleshaft and caps.

I fooled with the tractors starter. turned the key nothing. I cleaned the plug into the ignition switch with contact cleaner. Turned right over.

Last time I fooled with it i had gas running down the frame. I took the fuel bowel and floar and needle out. It was all a mess. I cleaned it all up solved that.

Tractor fires right up now. Step closer to water time.

Last prep is once the mud dries back her out and start the boat. warm it up on the hose. Then wax it all and simple green the interior. Put the fishing tackle in for the summer.
It's like, called the NEVER ENDING STORY.

chevymaher

Commander
I got my landing ramp park stickers for both trucks. I got flairs and a flair gun. I ordered 2 life vest for my son and I. Wife got a new one last year. I also ordered a set of waterproof marine radios. The old one needed smacked today to work right so she did her time it is time to go. It is getting close it is being almost 60 degrees in the mornings.

I got in the boat to stow all the safety equipment this morning. Checked the fire extinguisher It is full.

I got the boy taking his boating safety classes to get his licence. On the BoatsUS site. He is half way through got a 90% on all 3 test so far.

Attachments

• 20210326_105840.jpg
    20210326_105840.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • lifevest.png
    lifevest.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 1
  • radios.png
    radios.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 1

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I got my landing ramp park stickers for both trucks. I got flairs and a flair gun. I ordered 2 life vest for my son and I. Wife got a new one last year. I also ordered a set of waterproof marine radios. The old one needed smacked today to work right so she did her time it is time to go. It is getting close it is being almost 60 degrees in the mornings.

I got in the boat to stow all the safety equipment this morning. Checked the fire extinguisher It is full.

I got the boy taking his boating safety classes to get his licence. On the BoatsUS site. He is half way through got a 90% on all 3 test so far.
All good Chev!

chevymaher

Commander
Went to east fork lake to check it out today. It has a beach to swim. I am spoiled to the river now. Lakes look so small and confining.

I think next weekend is the time. Weather and river will meet for the first time. I am last going out this year. Usually i been out months by now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Went to east fork lake to check it out today. It has a beach to swim. I am spoiled to the river now. Lakes look so small and confining.

I think next weekend is the time. Weather and river will meet for the first time. I am last going out this year. Usually i been out months by now.
Think Oceannnnnnn

chevymaher

Commander
This year is different it is raining all the time. Yeasterday was one of those magic days. It was supposed to T-Storm at nine am. I rolled the dice went out early. It was clear sky and river was clean. I had the radar app and was watching it. Saw the haze rolling in.

We had been out a hour and a half. Went and docked and came home. I filled the boat waxed the sides. LOL I pulled into the boat house. Bug thunder rumble. Hail was hitting the tin roof. I still didn't have the cover on and it was in the truck.

I closed the door and backed the truck to it. As soon as I did it poured down. We had severe T-Storm warnings, flash flood warnings, tornado warnings.

With the trucks tailgate open i can unload it in the dry.

I don't know what i did right but yesterday was the perfect boating experience for me. It just went right.

Latest adventures in the never ending project. I got a new hourmeter the old one died. The depth gauge stopped working. I had to re-epoxy that down solved that. I know nothing is wrong they are supposed to do it. But I don't like the oil and other contaminates going into the carb. I bought a oil catch can to catch moisture and oil. Call me funny but I would rather empty it every trip. That letting things like that go into the motor. Oil pre ignition and all the other side effects I will pass on.

Attachments

• 20210618_074746.jpg
    20210618_074746.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210618_095952.jpg
    20210618_095952.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210618_113015.jpg
    20210618_113015.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210618_113131.jpg
    20210618_113131.jpg