1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I thinks the rubrail and inside trim are not mahogany .. The plugs sure don’t match up very well .I believe it may be oak . I’ll post some picks later . Had a piece of what I think is oak trim that I cut some plugs with . Much better match . Maybe they used oak on the trim because it was a little tougher wood maybe ?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah I picked up a piece of oak . I think it matches pretty well . Got one side plugged now headed to the other side ..
Wish I had cutter just a little larger than the 1/4” I have . Using 3/8”..
I’ll be glad when I’m past this part .. Talk about tedious!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
you could be fairing a 26' boat.....

Or grinding the inside of the hull ..LOL !

Got the rub rails plugged and the front cockpit trim .. Tomorrow I will start on the rear cockpit trim ...
I hate that it gets dark at 5:30 now .. Something in my head triggers me to feel as it’s time to stop working for the day ..

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yea definitely the oak! The dark thing does blow. Love when spring and summer gets here. In the winter dark when you go into work and dark when you go home. The bed definitely calls to you.!

oldrem

Commander
I'd be outside working in shirt sleeves if it even got up into the 50's here now. We're stuck in the low 30's

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah ,I had 2 hoodie jackets and a heavy duty rain coat on at work yesterday and today and I was still freezing! 😬

zool

Captain
Its 40's inside my shop right niow....and 4" of snow outside..........I guess it could be worse, we could still be counting ballots :D