Yankee or Dixie?

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yankee or Dixie?

70% Dixie. I grew up in Northern Virginia from 9 to 18 years old but I've lived in PA for 27 years! Go figure.<br /><br />BTW OB, #20 says Doodle Bug is not an answer because it is the ant lion.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

55% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.<br /><br />yup i'm a damn Yankee. :D

Homerr

Commander

52% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />h.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Parrot Head.. I been savin' my Dixie cups fer years hope'n that the South would rise again and all, but I'll be dang'd if I know what I'm supposed to do with all these here Dixie cups??<br /><br />Any of yall' know? :confused: <br /><br />I'm runnin' outta room to keep em'.... :p

a_bullfrog_a

Seaman

46% yankee??? born, raised and still live 90 miles nw of nyc.<br />y'all need need to know I aint no dixie folk!!

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

73% Dixie. American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

61% Dixie - not bad for a foreigner :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

How come if you answer "I don't know" or "I haven't heard of..." for all the questions you can answer that way, and don't answer the rest you come up with 93% Dixie?????<br /><br />Not trying to start anything here ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

LOL GG, I didn't answer any of my questions with a <br />"I don't know" or "I haven't heard of".<br /><br />This could mean all those who claim to be more<br />Yankee or more Dixie than the rest of us, just don't<br />know as much as us middle of the road types. :p

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> BTW OB, #20 says Doodle Bug is not an answer because it is the ant lion.
Ant lion? When we were kids we called them weird things that made the dirt funnels "backawards bugs." :D

spratt

Lieutenant

91% Dixie...funny, I always KNEW I was Southern, since I was born and raised in good ol' Georgia!!!<br /><br /><br />And I still ain't inherited any Yankee idees....still eat grits, home churned ice cream, love farm fresh milk, eat collard greens and ham, love pork and beef and most any meat...still treat women like the ladies most of them are...still like the laid back easy country style of life...and still love God!!!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ob:<br />
Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> BTW OB, #20 says Doodle Bug is not an answer because it is the ant lion.
Ant lion? When we were kids we called them weird things that made the dirt funnels "backawards bugs." :D
Grew up stirring up the little funnels and singing "Doodle bug, doodle bug..."

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> How come if you answer "I don't know" or "I haven't heard of..." for all the questions you can answer that way, and don't answer the rest you come up with 93% Dixie?????<br /><br />Not trying to start anything here ;)
Suth'ners are smart enuff to know how to git outta anything if they say "I don' know!" or "I ain't ever heerd a that!" ;) :D

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

87% Dixie, and I guess since I live in the heart of Dixie that's understandable. That was fun. They should have asked how many guns are in your house? How many deer, rabbits and squirrels have been killed by members of your household this year (with point values for each) and what's the proper way to cook catfish?