Would you patch this or this?

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Believe it or not, I bought it like this. I know, I'm numb in the head region. Never had this boat (in running order) on the water to know if this gash is a problem.
P4250106.jpg

P4250105.jpg

It looks bad, that much I know. It would be a bit embarrassing, especially since it wasn't me that put it there. I'm not sure how the repair would stand up to heavy slamming on the water. Before the economy dropped out on me, I already had it in my head, that was going to have a patch made over it whether it was a problem or not. But now, with less cash to deal with I'm thinking about leaving it and deal with it later if it becomes a problem. I wouldn't have to rip the boat apart too bad to get to it later if need be. Trying to match paint might not be easy.

Here's another one.
P4150029-2.jpg

This doesn't go all the way through the hull, but may cause a small bit of drag or a spot for dirt to pack into. Who knows what other problems it may cause, but if the majority of you think it's not worth bothering with, I will leave it. I'm not sure how I would patch that one anyway.

Before I continue my restore I'm getting as many nagging questions out of the way as possible and these are a couple of them. Have patience with me, because there's more to come. Thanks for any input.