Worst songs known to man...

gaugeguy

Captain
They play the "oldies" station here at work, and they are going through a particularly long set of horrible music right now. I do like the oldies but some of these songs are just out there, you can tell the "artists" were under the influence of some kind of chemical.<br /><br />What song makes you cringe and reach for the change station buttons?<br /><br />The one I just heard that made me think of this was "Kung-Fu Fighting" :rolleyes:

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Worst songs known to man...

Tip-toe through the Tulips - Tiny Tim.<br /><br />I got you Babe - Sonny and Cher

f_inscreenname

Commander

Anything by Pearl Jam and there sound alikes. I always thought that music should make you feel better or at least stir a emotional response. Grunge just makes me want to stick a gun into my mouth.

alumistar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm thinking that vulgar bandstand pop song that Blondie did.

FSHKPR

Ensign

anything disco. heard that saturday night fever song the other day. could not turn the station fast enough. dam bee gees!

Link

Rear Admiral

Everything mentioned above and a whole lot more.<br />But Disco and Rapp I just don't understand.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

"Put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up?" What the heck is that supposed to be about? LOL Those 60's songs are hysterical. <br />Bassy :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I'm going to take a hit on this one but anything by "Bread". As if life couldn't be expressed in a more depressing, lifeless way.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Abba makes my head want to explode<br />
1128.gif

11 footer

Lieutenant

The mucic I hear spanish people blast ouf of their Hondas while working on the canteen truck is pretty bad, and the worst part is I can't change the station :eek:

one more cast

Captain

I listen to country ,the new stuff, you know, the stuff that almost sounds like the rock I used to listen to in the '70's and '80's. well anywho, on sundays they play some of that old twang and I just cant handle to much of it.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

For me it's ANY kind of rap, grunge, or heavy metal. I would LOVE to find a way to string across the street something that would blow up or short out the power amps and speakers of the cars that you can hear thumping 8 blocks before they get to your block. I especially hate it when they stop at the gas station and open all the doors and trunk so that all of us can hear that sh*t. They are even doing that on boats now. GOD, even the water isn't a safe haven any longer.<br /><br />Ok, I'm off my soap box now.<br /><br />Craig

ob

Admiral

Some bad songs have stood the test of time.Too many to list.One nightmare that comes to mind is the thought of being trapped for eternity just listening to one song over and over and over again.That song for me would have to be something like "Jimmy Crack Corn" or "Hey Micky you're so fine"

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Listening to Lawrence Welk gives me the sh*ts :eek:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

ZZ Top for just good rock and roll. CCR for the old days. "The Band". Gotta love them. Anything Clapton does is great.<br /><br />And of course......Mozart. I listen to that in the truck when I'm alone. :)

11 footer

Lieutenant

I've been rideing with my uncle in his canteen truck this week, he lisens to a lot of blues and classic rock, Jimmy Hendrics, Zepland(sp) all the stuff from the 70's, its really not that bad.<br /><br />Its when I get out of the truck and have to here the stuff that comes out of wearhouses and trunks of hondas and toyota's that I feel like running and hideing. ;)

crab bait

Captain

i pretty much have an endearin' hatred for anythin' you can go,,, na-na-nana,na too.. such as the classic 'yummy yummy yummy i got love in my tummy an i feel like luvin' you '...<br /><br />than there's the other kind of deep hatred such as .. 'i will walk 500 miles an i will walk 500 more '...<br /><br />that one pretty much makes me glad that i don't own any nukes..<br /><br />PEARL JAM,, the rat face alblum,, is most diffinately own my top 10 all-time-favorite..

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Most hated song of all time: "Feelings". I hate any kind of "dweeb rock", like some of the ones previously mentioned. Oh yeah, don't forget "Having My Baby" No. 2 most hated. Wait..tied for No.1.

ob

Admiral

Jack,I'd almost forgot about the alltime overplayed song of the West Pacific."Feelings" Yuuk. I recall walking the streets of Magsaysay(sp.) boulevard in the P.I.and hearing that song reeking from what seemed to be every other bar.Of course what made it especially bad was the Philipino pronounciation while they sang it.Peeeelings ohoohhhohhh Peeeelings. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man yall are naming some of my favorite songs. :D <br /><br />I can't stand most country and western, some I can take.<br /><br />Most rap makes me want to barf, some is OK.<br /><br />Ken