Workbench in Garage

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Workbench in Garage

Sean,<br /><br />Just built one about a week ago. I saw a kit at Menards but it was a bit small for my tastes. Simple in design I just bought the wood, made it 2ft longer and punched up the legs to 2x6's and added two additional supports and 3 hours later a fairly nice work bench. Total costs 66 bucks, not counting three beers consumed during construction. Every thing is straight forward and you only need to cut 4 boards at 45 degree angles. The rest is 8ft boards and and 6 straight cuts. <br /><br />I didn't have a plan just saw the design and went from there. Time well spent. The kit was 45 bucks and the wood is precut of you can live with that. I would screw it to the wall for additional stability.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> Link,<br />Could you send that to me also?<br /><br />kcchappy (AT) gci.net<br /><br /><br />AK Chappy
NP done deal

Bondo

Staff member

I'd post some pic.s of My Benches,........But,.....<br />I Can't Find Them............ :mad: <br /><br />I Know they're out in the garage, Under 1 or more Projects...................<br /><br />Ya Just Can't See Them................... :(

LadyFish

Admiral

LMAO
6.gif
<br /><br />I was fixin to say the something along those very same lines.<br /><br />You guys crack me up. All this chatter about construction and making the ultimate work bench when its primary function is to store stuff. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I know when I can't find a certain tool when I need it, if I dig through the mountain of stuff on the work bench I will eventually unveil it. Whenever he asks me to bring him something I ask where it is and always get the same answer "look on the work bench."
3.gif
<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, Mr. LF is almost anal about his tools and the order of his shop and the work bench is always the first thing he cleans up. On the other hand.....its always the first thing to get messed up too. I just can't remember when it was actually used for the purpose it was intended.

eeboater

Commander

tx Link! My bro surprised me last night by showing up at my house yesterday afternoon and shoveled my driveway for me! So, I took him to dinner, and dragged his butt to Menards to buy lumber! I'm going to take some before and after pics and tackle this weekend. <br /><br />Wish me luck!<br /><br />Sean

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Link,<br />Promise not to hit me. I didn't recognize the name and must have deleted it. It was mixed in with the 200+ spam Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I will be changing e-mail within the next 4 months though. :) <br /><br />Could I talk you into resending it??<br /><br />AK Chappy

sangerwaker

Commander

I used an old solid core wood door for the top of mine. Free door, too! Makes a very nice top.

eeboater

Commander

I got it Link -- I sent it over to ya AK. <br /><br />Sean

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> Link,<br />Promise not to hit me. I didn't recognize the name and must have deleted it. It was mixed in with the 200+ spam Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I will be changing e-mail within the next 4 months though. :) <br /><br />Could I talk you into resending it??<br /><br />AK Chappy
BTDT :) I'm still waiting on something I sent to myself :eek: <br />I put iboats in the subject line this time

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

OK,<br />Thanks to both of you. I got it from each of you and didn't delete it this time.<br /><br />AK Chappy

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

I first built a work table that hung off the wall in my shop. It turned out to be more of a hassle.<br />My second work bench is a simple table with 4x4 legs, 3/4 plywood top, 2x6 around the top, and the normal braces. measured the hieght of the table saw and made table same hieght of saw. Table also has wheels on it so if I've got a project on in and I need to work on something in the shop I just roll the whole thing out of the way. Just added a bottom shelf on it to hold all of my power tools.