Wish Me Luck Yall

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Wish Me Luck Yall

Watch the movie "Office Space" and it will tell you why people are cut on Fridays.<br /><br />Very funny movie.<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

The last layoff we had was on Halloween..yep :rolleyes: <br /><br />I have the additude now that I might be relieved. Then I'll create my own job. ;)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Don't let them catch you hanging out here :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

ef, you still with us? Don't do anything rash.<br /><br />I been laid off from 3 jobs, but now I've survived 4 layoffs in ten years at my current job. The last was the absolute worst because everybody knew what day it was happening. It was like being in Egypt for the Passover - everybody just hunkered down 'til about noon when we got rumors that it was over.<br /><br />hope you made it, friend.<br /><br />jtw

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wow, I used to hate getting that drunk, EF (good description BTW).<br />When I rertired after 30 years with the city, I figured all the utility firms in a 1000-mile radius would badgering me to come to werk for them...Didn't happen. But I'm so glad it didn't. I now have a job that devours all my time, is physically demanding, low-paying, hot, and hectic,on a daily basis. But it's also interesting, with neat folks around, and lots of gratitude for the knowledge I brought-in. The daily callenges allone, are worth getting outta bed each morning for.<br />I hope whatever happens, happens for the better.<br />And "the great unknown" is like a box of chocolates. Whatever ya git, it should be pretty sweet... even if at first, ya don't like it much.

ehenry

Commander

Well, I survived the thing Friday BUT it aint over. From what I understand its not going to be over until the end of the month.<br /><br />Thanks 12Footer, ya know ya have to live-em so ya can describe em ! ! ! ! Been a long time since I've done one of thoe though.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Personally, I think companies that handle layoffs that way do a great disservice to themselves and their employees. <br /><br />I worked for a bank once that kept the threat of layoffs out there for months presumably in hopes that people would leave of their own accord and they would be spared the grueling task of laying them off. This kept everyone on edge worrying about their future, very unproductive. A few folks did leave, including me, but they were the best the company had, the ones who had no trouble finding another job. Those who were marginal performers stayed until they were layed off anyway.<br /><br />I think the best way to handle layoffs is to announce all of them at once before the rumors have a chance to start, then give those layed off the extra time they need (paid) to find another job. Let the rest know that their jobs are safe for the time being.

LadyFish

Admiral

Glad to see you at least made it another day efhenry. I will keep hoping for the best.<br /><br />Forced change is not always a bad thing. It causes us to make decisions and gives us opportunities we would not have otherwise.<br /><br />I wish you luck in whatever happens with your current job, and any new endeavor you might venture into.