Winner boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
pics don't post until you've hit some number of posts. 3 If I remember correctly.

Many members here post using the third party hosting methods

dan sandbeck

Cadet
I saw that you can not post pics until after the third time you post. This is it so next time maybe . We will se if I get it right . Thanks for the info on posting I need it

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
..think you're going to need a bigger tractor....

I have a Winner,.. late 80's 18 footer with a Merc 5.7,.. Ive had thoughts of restoring it soon,... came from Wis and has less than 200 original hrs,.. still has shiny factory paint on the outdrive. Has a cracked block from non winterize.

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Mine looks like this

Attachments

• photo255519.jpg
    photo255519.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
I dont know much about Winner,.. although I did just learn that mine is 86' 17.6' Winner Escape, and it must have moved out pretty good with that 350ci !

Your Wildcat looks to be in excellent shape,.... and I'll bet its got plenty of ponies under the hood.

Last edited:

dan sandbeck

Cadet
No it's just a 140 mercruiser but runs really well. Just finishing resto , but hull is original and clean.we have owned since early 80s when purchased from my brother

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
I can't remember for sure, but think our 17' Winner Eliminator was about 1973. They had very nice stepped hulls. - Grandad

Peter Eikenberry

Chief Petty Officer
I knew the fellow who started winner boats. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. They built really good quality boats built to last.

dan sandbeck

Cadet
The first winner I saw was my uncle purchased a 1968 winner cougar with a 165 mercruiser the look the lines the way the boat made people look a second time like me. The first time I saw it I new that was the boat I wanted. I was finally able to buy this wildcat from my brother because of terable auto accident and he needed cash. He really took care of it and liked it as well but crap happens. Over last year I pulled head ( due to sticky valve) head looked great so I hand lapped valves, installed new valve springs rebuilt carb ( with bigger jets ) polished carb inside for better air flow, ported heads with gasket glueing, new quick bleed lifters, new fuel pump, new alt, electronic ignition, naw alt, new carpet and new interior with lots of support and new seats from brother( great brother always has been) pulled dash repaired small crack reinstall gauges and re wired, remove some striping and replaced with some new, built new side panels with some new padding and some aluminum decor and decals not yet installed new water pump ( lower unit ). Still. Not done yet but very close . If you like what you have you will be proud to own and happy that you own it Married for 38 years and wife and I agree that this was the best investment because it kept our family close as we used this boat a lot and kept our daughters close and had more fun than I can than we all imigined, still very close family. Best thing I ever did for family, way to much fun to belive

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I replaced the plywood in the transom of a " Winner " boat.------Surprised that it had wood in there.----Stringers were a glass structure. and no wood there.

Status
Not open for further replies.