Windshield support bars

SYCHOWAND

Cadet
hi all i have a sunbird corsair 150 (circa 1990) and a previous owner has fitted makeshift support bars i have trouble opening and closing the windshield hatch also fitting the bimini cover! i live in the uk and have found a supplier in the us but am not sure what length to order and dont want to get it wrong as postage is exspensive so if anyone can tell me the correct length including the mounting brackets i would be very grateful the sizes are 11, 12, 13, 14, inch
regards chris

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Windshield support bars

hi all i have a sunbird corsair 150 (circa 1990) and a previous owner has fitted makeshift support bars i have trouble opening and closing the windshield hatch also fitting the bimini cover! i live in the uk and have found a supplier in the us but am not sure what length to order and dont want to get it wrong as postage is exspensive so if anyone can tell me the correct length including the mounting brackets i would be very grateful the sizes are 11, 12, 13, 14, inch
regards chris

Ayuh,... Have ya got Rulers over there,..??

Meassure the length ya need, 'n order that size....

SYCHOWAND

Cadet

Ayuh.... yeah we call her the queen!
But thankyou for your almost witty reply

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

You can allways " shim " the current supports with washers or small squares of starboard..or whatever shim you can put in there ( rubber gasket material ) to make your lift on the shield better..

Your going to have to do that anyways..to make sure your fit is right on an " ordered " prefit support.

I would not go the adjustable route..measure....fit..measure and final install.

If you know what I mean..

YD.