Who's more qualified?

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Who's more qualified?

Toad, although I tend to prefer Kerry,I do think that G.W.B. is a formidable man and your attitude towards him says a lot more about you than it does about him.

bubbakat

Captain

joeW94th said<br /><br />
Didn't mean for this to cause such a stir.<br />I just thought it was funny!<br /><br />
I apologize to you my man. You did nothing wrong.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. 40 posts and nobody has said anything that matters, except to bash a candidate or to take exception to candidate bashing.<br /><br />I don't think anyone has changed anyone else's mind, either.<br /><br />Seems to me that we could productively discuss what we would expect each candidate to do for the next four years if elected and why we like or don't like it.<br /><br />I would expect "president" Kerry to double taxes on all Republicans, Conservatives and Libertarians; take credit for the economic recovery GW has brought about, fail to follow through on the war on terror in general and recovery of Iraq in particular, try to bribe the UN (Like Saddam did) into taking it all off our hands.<br /><br />I don't like any of the above, so I will not vote for him.<br /><br />I expect President Bush to push anti-choice and anti-gay legislation and try to make Christianity our official national religion.<br /><br />I don't like those either, but I will vote for him, anyway, because I expect him to hold the line against "Robin Hood" taxation, continue economic growth, win the war on terror and finish freeing Iraq.

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I didn't actually see it but I heard the fans in Canada booed the USA national anthem before at least one of the Bruins vs Canadians NHL games. The local news made a big deal about how the Boston fans returned the favor by applauding the Canadian national anthem when they played here.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Toad, although I tend to prefer Kerry,I do think that G.W.B. is a formidable man and your attitude towards him says a lot more about you than it does about him.

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to chime in on you polital guys post, Just wanted to post my opinion, Im sure it will be contravesial. (SP) who(during 911) wouldve done a better job as president than Bush? CLINTON? In my opinion and it is just that, my opinion, Bush has been the best President Ive known in my life. Could you amagine Al Gores response? Its OK its just a couple of buildings..... Americans Died there, Americans like you and me who went to work one day and got murdered. How would you like some raghead to fly into your work tommorro and kill you, or your kids? DONT FORGET THE REASON WE ARE THERE. My neighbor is swat commander in the Marines, He was there (Afganistan)before we knew there was a war.Im not trying to **** anyone off, but chose your vote wisely. It may mean the difference between your life and death. Peace to all, may GOD BLESS. Dennis

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

We'll never know what Gore's reaction would have been to 911. That's assuming he would have allowed it to happen under his watch.<br /><br />I agree completely with a full offensive against the perpetrators of the 911 events. The Pentagon and White House, should not rest until justice is served on that front. That's where 100% of all their efforts should have been applied for the past 2 and a half years...<br /><br />Instead Bush is "freeing" Iraq. Al Queda wasn't there until now. But now, car bombs are going off, and its a fine long term mess he's got the American taxpayer into. I'm most concerned with the lack of attention being paid to the one and only (ever, apparently) real threat (Al Queda). (BTW-Why not free Tibet too?)<br /><br />Its going to take pure luck on June 30th. Plus its going to take years sorting things out. That is, unless government gets a new plan.<br /><br />The world is much more unstable since the US lead invasion of Iraq.<br /><br />Bin Laden should have been dealt with first. <br /><br />What will you think about your President's decision to go to war in Iraq if there is another homeland Terrorism incident while focus is diverted in Iraq? I hope it doesn't happen, but I feel he's gambling with domestic security among other things...

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Toad you say that before we invaded Iraq, al qida was not in Iraq.....I say your right, they were in places like America, spain, England, South Africa. Now they are concintrated in Saudi Araba, Iraq, Pakistan....all the Stans......much better this way. Yes our warriors are being put in harms way but at least it is no longer our civilans. As for if we are attacked again while we are in Iraq if we had the support of our so called allies in the U.N. who cant seem to do more than complain this wouldnt be as much of an issue.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Toad you obviously do not know anything about war. <br /><br />I am tired of talking about it really. I just want some shots at some of these terrorist. You know why they hide? Because they know if they show their face, then the real Americans will just run them over without a second thought. This weekend I go for my CCW cert class. You see, some of us feel we have to be responsible. We have to stand up and get in the face of those who want easy meat.<br /><br />Limp wristed approaches to these issues really tick me off. They get innocent people killed, because they allow the wolves to roam unchecked.

oddjob

Commander

One thing I've noticed lately is that more and more people on this board are supporting GW now more than ever and I chalk it up to the GW bashing that comes and goes from the few. More the false accusations, more we research the truth. More we validate the truth, More we stand together, regardless of are political affiliation. <br /><br />Its a new age in America and around the world, thanks to radio, the internet, forums like Iboats and people like toad. <br /><br />Keep the faith. and God, budda, mother earth, atc etc "Bless us ALL"! :)

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know of a good website where folks can go to have a civil discussion about the the choices they face in November?

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

This is what I find interesting. You put some cold hard facts up, and people want to talk about something else.<br /><br />Why?

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by samagee:<br />This is what I find interesting. You put some cold hard facts up, and people want to talk about something else.<br /><br />Why?
Liberalism tells them to do that. ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Parrott_head:<br />Just out of curiousity, does anyone know of a good website where folks can go to have a civil discussion about the the choices they face in November?
NO ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

I think he's trying to say
votebush.gif

LubeDude

Admiral

Toad, Have you ever seen anyone here bash your Pres, No, and you wont either, If you were an American citizen I would say have at it, but you burn my A*s saying anything because you are not a voter and Im glad you are not!!<br /><br />Hypocrite, I dont think so!!! Im a voter and a veteran, and I have the right to say what I want.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Back too the question at hand.. Who's more qualified?<br /><br />This Man.. Bob Graham..<br />
graham_2.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by oddjob:<br />One thing I've noticed lately is that more and more people on this board are supporting GW now more than ever and I chalk it up to the GW bashing that comes and goes from the few. More the false accusations, more we research the truth. More we validate the truth, More we stand together, regardless of are political affiliation.
Actually, oddjob, the board may be just reflecting the country at large. More and more polls are showing Kerry falling further behind. Bush is either closing the gap or ahead in many of the states that ALGORE won in 2000.<br /><br />Interesting note when CSPAN did a poll asking people why they would vote for Kerry, the over whelming response reflected nothing more than hatred for GW. Kerry is an empty suit. Has nothing more to say than what a wonderful Vet he is.<br /><br />Also, Kerry was asked by a reporter, yesterday, if he had an SUV. Keeping in mind Kerry's domestic oil drilling policy stand, his willingness to place a 50 cent gas tax, his position on 36 mpg CAFE standard, he showed his ultimate buffonery when he answered, "the family has one".<br /><br />I tell you, folks it aint gonna be a close election, no matter how much the Canadians hate Bush.