Where can I find the oil filter?

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Really it is not too bad if there is some space. So I removed the seat.
One boat I previously had had a 4-5" hole cut in the vertical side of the seat so you can access the oil filter. easy to do

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
How much oil should I put? 4L? The oil stick cannot work and it is very loosen. So I worry about that the oil stick cannot show the right oil level

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i discovered that i had to use a shorty filter on the 5.7 in my TR2 .
laugh it you want :) , i did when it came to the first oil change .
note , the oil filter was fitted whilst the motor was on the stand.
i found that once the filter was unscrewed ' mongrel job that was " , i then could not find any way to get the old filter out from under the engine.
the easiest thing to remove was the exhaust pipe .
oil from the squashed up filter and blood from the cuts on my arms everywhere , lesson learned.
had to do the same to change out the starter :,) except the boat did not look like someone slaughtered me and the oil filter after the job was done.

OP the fun of working on inboard V8 or V6 boats.

i usually put the full 5 liters in after a filter change.

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
i discovered that i had to use a shorty filter on the 5.7 in my TR2 .
laugh it you want :) , i did when it came to the first oil change .
note , the oil filter was fitted whilst the motor was on the stand.
i found that once the filter was unscrewed ' mongrel job that was " , i then could not find any way to get the old filter out from under the engine.
the easiest thing to remove was the exhaust pipe .
oil from the squashed up filter and blood from the cuts on my arms everywhere , lesson learned.
had to do the same to change out the starter :,) except the boat did not look like someone slaughtered me and the oil filter after the job was done.

OP the fun of working on inboard V8 or V6 boats.

i usually put the full 5 liters in after a filter change.
No-Synthetic?

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
What I did to make mine easier to get at....rear seat is in 2 halves (pontoon seats) and rear wood bulkheads come out easily with machine screws and wing nuts. One side opens like a door on hinges. So I lift out the seat back, lift out the bottom, slide it forward, then remove 6 screws and one side is all open. Excuse the dirty deck lol.
engine access panel on hinges.JPG

nola mike

Vice Admiral
What I did to make mine easier to get at....rear seat is in 2 halves (pontoon seats) and rear wood bulkheads come out easily with machine screws and wing nuts. One side opens like a door on hinges. So I lift out the seat back, lift out the bottom, slide it forward, then remove 6 screws and one side is all open. Excuse the dirty deck lol.
View attachment 381550
Ha, didn't know you did the pontoon seat refit as well. Remote oil filter was the best thing I did when I swapped engines. Gotta put in some ball valves for winterizing, and it will almost be as easy to maintain as a 470 :)

flashback

Captain
I like the ball valves so far but I have only one season on them.. still should probe them but they sure make life easy...

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Ha, didn't know you did the pontoon seat refit as well. Remote oil filter was the best thing I did when I swapped engines. Gotta put in some ball valves for winterizing, and it will almost be as easy to maintain as a 470 :)
Did that 15 years ago when I replaced the deck. Pontoon seats fit perfect & aren’t all that heavy. Still going to do the remote filter mount & extend my block drains. Then no seat removal necessary unless I have to do something more involved like a starter.

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
How can I take the yoke off from the outdrive? I have already taken the pins off. I'd like to move it into my another one(Second Pic). thank you

Attachments

• PXL_20230614_230147163.jpg
    PXL_20230614_230147163.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20230614_231518873.jpg
    PXL_20230614_231518873.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

nola mike

Vice Admiral
I'm probably in the minority that I just use a hammer... But you already got one off

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
Anybody help me read the result of coupler working with outdriver?

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 11
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 11
  • down.jpg
    down.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 11
  • up.jpg
    up.jpg