What model and where ya from?

cbavier

Lieutenant
Re: What model and where ya from?

Congratulations "OUTOFHOURS" Enjoy your Boat as much as you can. Life is short and the winters are long. We too have a Horizon 190

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Well this is an interesting post!! I'm surprised it's still going!!

I was poster #7 in it, had just joined iBoats and it was just about a month after I got my 1987 Four Winns 211 Liberator.

Since then I've made a small modification to it....

I ripped out that OMC thing and put a "good" engine/drive in it.

MAN does it fly!!

My older brother bought this boat new in 1987 and was up visiting last OCT so we took the boat for a little drive at the local lake.....

He said the boat does about the same top speed as it did with the 460/Cobra.

But with the Bravo III, he says it "Hole shots" out more than twice as fast as it did when it was new! (even after he had the engine rebuilt and "tricked out" a little!

If anyone is thinking about getting a boat with counter-rotating props you won't go wrong with them!

Cheers,

Rick

Coors

Captain

1988 205 Sundowner, Orange Park Fl.
New reman 5.7, new upper unit, just finished epoxying in new stringers and motor mounts.

pet575

Seaman Apprentice

Coming in real late on this thread, but just an FYI for all those here. Some know, others may know, but there is a FW-specific site as well. Check it out. Do a google search using "i" and FW as search terms.

Oh, and 2007 220 Horizon; 350 MPI & Bravo III drive. 50 hours first season. LOVE IT.

cbavier

Lieutenant

Coming in real late on this thread, but just an FYI for all those here. Some know, others may know, but there is a FW-specific site as well. Check it out. Do a google search using "i" and FW as search terms.

Oh, and 2007 220 Horizon; 350 MPI & Bravo III drive. 50 hours first season. LOVE IT.

Where ya From and post the link

pet575

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry. I'm from Kansas City, Missouri. I boat at Pomme de Terre Lake in south central/southwest Missouri (near Lake of the Ozarks).

DSC01315.jpg

cmeynard

Recruit

Christine Here! 94 27' Vista 278 Twin 5.0L V-8. Just purchased and have never owned a boat before. I am so excited I can not sleep; I need May 1st here fast. Going to go to sea trial late April then off to the marina in Presque Isle Erie, PA. I am sick with anticipation.

88sundowner

Cadet

heres my 88 205 Sundowner...picked it up at the end of last year, used it once and hope to get a lot more use out of it this summer!

sundowner1.jpg

KSJ08

Cadet

Bought today pick up next fri H190 4.3L Blue W/red graphics. 1st Four Winns, 2nd boat in two yrs. Gilbertsville, Pa. Boat mainly @ Blue Marsh.

davidfhare

Cadet

Just bought a new 2007 H190. Already been out on the water six or seven times this season. We'll mostly take it out on Falls Lake in Raleigh, NC but will also take it out on Jordan, Kerr and Gaston. Maybe even some of the coastal sounds and/or Intercoastal.

Very happy I decided on the Four Winns.

vrafa

Cadet

Just upgraded from a Sea Ray 185 to a 2007 H240. Put it in the water two weeks ago and am heading up to take her our for Memorial Day. Can't wait. Southern California.

prelude93

Recruit

Prelude, how does the boat run with 4.3L in the back? Is the balance/alignment and everything proper with the extra weight over the 3.0L?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to your questions. Our 180 runs great with the 4.3, plenty of power. Had the boat in for the first time last weekend and it was amazing, sunday the water was smooth, no winds.

As far as I can tell the balance and alignment are great, my last ride in the fall last year (Oct), it was sunny and calm, by myself I was able to hit 53-54 MPH.

bass man dave

Recruit

I just picked up today a 2001 four winns 17.5 horizon with the johnson 115 outboard it's in show room condition. always in garage and hardly used.
picked it up for a killer deal $8,000 guy didn't want to see it sit.

I am so happy with it.

growing up we always had a bayliner....I'm glad I made the switch:D

Fourwinnsme

Recruit

I have 1987 215 Sundowner and a 2002 248 Vista. I enjoy both boats in Maine

hi guys from rockland Massachusetts's here with an 88 sundowner it has a 4.3 omc:D

Direct Deposit

Recruit

I'm looking for some feedback. I just boat my 211 liberator with a 350 Magnum Mercuiser, the engine sounds great and the boat look in good shape. Have you experienced any major issues with your boat? Any thing I need to watch for? How does it ride in fresh water vs salt water. Thanks

ksc3939

Recruit

Just picked up our new H180 last weekend, love it so far. Blower fuse blew first day, factory installed wrong fuse size, otherwise a great day.