What model and where ya from?

Quiksillvr007

Recruit
Re: What model and where ya from?

I have a 1997 Horizon RX 18' with a 1996 Johnson Ocean Runner 150hp V6 outboard.

I am in Miami , Fl

rckrzy1

Cadet

1991 Freedom 170 130 / OMC cobra

Our first boat, in real nice shape and been on the lake
once so far, just wish lakes had more water as we hit
beachs were none are supposed to be.

Ft Worth TX

100_3800.jpg

Prin

Seaman Apprentice

youmansjason said:
Wow, this must be a new addition to iboats.com. I thought it would be interesting to see where everyone's from and what model Four Winns ya got?<br /><br />I have a 1997 Horizon RX 18' with 4.3L Volvo Penta GL.<br /><br />I am from Atlanta, GA.

We have a 1985 Four Winns Santara which we bought new. It has a Mercruiser 260 hp chevy 350 engine. It is 21 foot. We had it built with a quarter swim platform and a full ladder. It has been a great boat. The open bow is terrific. We use it a local lake, Lake Erie, Lake Cumberland, etc.

Fast4Winns

Recruit

From Kalamazoo, MI - I've got a '97 220 Horizon limited production 7.4L E.F.I. .. love this boat! 72 MPH on GPS still lets the occasional built Baja beat me, so engine upgrades are in-process now... looking for 85 from this steady, deep-V hull.

kimbro

Recruit

We have a 2006 200 Horizon with the 5.0 GXi. Love the boat. We're from Kingman, AZ so we frequent Lake Mohave and Lake Mead.
MissFiFi.jpg

Rubicon

Recruit

2006 180 Horizion 3.0L Volvo
Picture022800x600.jpg

Tampa bay, FL

I Frequent Sand key every weekend, usualy at gators around 3pm on sundays getting drunk.

gerds

Cadet

Fullerton, California. 2006 / 200 Horizon. Had it out one summer so far, only a couple more months till the next one!!!!8)

gerds

Cadet

Finally figured out how to add a pic.

Attachments

• DSC00739.JPG
    49 bytes · Views: 0

Bionic Man

Cadet

Greetings from Wisconsin.
Since 1986, I have owned and loved my 1986 4Winns 160 Freedom. From all the previous posts, that qualifies me as the owner of the smallest 4Winns in this thread.

The 16 footer is powered by an 140hp Mercruiser Alpha One. I keep it on a ShoreStation lift in the summer, and store it indoors in the winter. It is still in near-mint condition.

All this said, I am in a way, sad to say I will likely be selling my boat soon, and replacing it with a pontoon boat. I certainly got my money's worth from my 4Winns. Its time to move on, but it will be like leaving an old friend.

admiral

Recruit

We currently have a 1999 200 Horizon SS
Had a 1993 170 Freedom before that.
Play on the beautiful Chain of Lakes, ie., Torch Lake

Apathetic

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This site is so much better since last I visited...

1992 Four Winns Liberator 201 w/ 351 King Cobra (cone clutch) & SS prop. I bought it July 2006.

MyLiberator.jpg

Jerrod

Cadet

1986 Liberator. 350 w/Edelbrock intake manifold and valve covers. Holley 4bbl carb., through hull exaust. Just re-finished all the wood and trim. Albuquerque, NM.

cbavier

Lieutenant

We have a 1986 Four Winns Horizon 190 V-6 185 Hp 544 hours and love it. We are surrounded by Inland Lakes both big and small in Northern Michigan just 100 miles south of the mackinaw Bridge. We boat, Fish and Cruise Higgins Lake almost 10,000 acres, Houghton Lake 21,000 acres plus a lot of smaller lakes from 89 acres to 200 acres. We are planning a trip this year on Lake Charlevoix and maybe a couple three day trips? Skegmog, Elk and Torch Lakes all connected via rivers?
I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures on this forum so here's my address at flicker if your interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24589494@N00/

Four86Winns

Cadet

Greetings from Wisconsin.
Since 1986, I have owned and loved my 1986 4Winns 160 Freedom. From all the previous posts, that qualifies me as the owner of the smallest 4Winns in this thread.

The 16 footer is powered by an 140hp Mercruiser Alpha One. I keep it on a ShoreStation lift in the summer, and store it indoors in the winter. It is still in near-mint condition.

All this said, I am in a way, sad to say I will likely be selling my boat soon, and replacing it with a pontoon boat. I certainly got my money's worth from my 4Winns. Its time to move on, but it will be like leaving an old friend.
Bionic Man: I got the same exact boat. Doesn't it seem MUCH bigger than just 16 ft? Also the hull is far deeper than any most boats up to at least 19-20ft. Don't you agree? My neighbor had the 1988 model and it seemed smaller, does anyone know if they changed hulls?

boat2.jpg

boat1.jpg

mmm, look at that shine :)

kagr80000

Cadet

1997 FourWinns 180RX with the 4.3L 190 hp love this boat and have been in the water 5 times already this year.
DeepCreek Lake MD,Mt Storm WV.

Any tricks to getting more HP out of this beast?

PSiedTSi

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 1987 or 88(weird discrepancy) 160 Freedom. Has the Johnson 120horse outboard V4. It will still run out to about 45mph on a regular basis. Don't have a picture of it to post, but it is red and white. It takes an extreme beating and doesn't ***** a whole lot. It is stored in Moorhead, MN, but makes it's summer home on Middle Cormorant Lake or which ever lake happens to be the most fun that weekend :). I have added an aftermarket CD Player, speakers and an amp/sub combo.

Ducatinut

Seaman Apprentice

We have a 1990 245 Vista with the OMC 350. My wife and I have spent the weekend aboard at Cumberland (two nights) and are very thankful that we have the alcohol stove for coffee in the morning! Also, many trips to the Ohio River and Caesar's Creek Lake (very close). This thing is fun for cruising, tubing or camping.... When everyone was hauling a** for the dock during a storm squall, we were snapping in the camper canvas and fixing margaritas!

We love the boat - bought it this year and it is in wonderful condition. Seems that Four Winns boats age well, and ours is no exception.