What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

I did my seasonal maintenance earlier this last week and the weather yesterday (2/25) was gorgeous. With the air temperature approaching 80 the family and I went to Lake Pleasant. The water is still cold in the mid 50's, but it was awesome getting an early season lake trip in. The boat ran like it was in mid-season form too. Although it is possible to boat year round in AZ, my family is mostly into water sports so we probably will not do much more boating until April. Nevertheless, it was great being on the water again.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Im kicking myself for not going out over the weekend. I saw several boats heading out.

Aquaski, Do you do your own seasonal Maintenance?

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Aquaski, Do you do your own seasonal Maintenance?

I do what I can. I consider myself to have decent mechanical knowledge, but some of the experts on this board make my mechanical knowledge look like an illiterate child. I use a real factory manual that walks me through most of the basic maintenance steps. It also helps that my 1978 boat is from an era when you could do your own maintenance. I have changed my impeller 4 times now, and lower unit oil is really easy. About every third year I will take the boat in to have a pro look at it. The reason I do this is because I lack some of the special tools that are needed. Things like tools used to pressure check the lower unit seals are lacking in my garage. It seems to workout well for me to do my own maintenance for 2 years and then have a pro do it the 3rd year. Maybe someday I will do 100% of my maintenance, but I don't mind paying to get a pros clean bill of health every 3rd year.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the comments agua.

Anyone going out to the lakes soon?

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just did a bit of seasonal maintenance myself...thinking were going to head to the lake this weekend.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

22 inch striper 3 and a half pounds2.jpg

I have been boating year round and not visiting the site much. Been beautiful in the day time from Canyon, Saguaro and Pleasant. Not much catching but last night I went out on Pleasant. Striped bass fishing is by far my favorite.

Get out on the lake... a little choppy then all the boats leave and it gets dark... then it gets calm. Recline the seats flip out the lines and wait for the bite... you guys don't know what your missing :) hopefully you are having a good time...

Tell me more about your experiences this year....

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Time to get some action going in this thread. Tell us your AZ Boating Stories.

John3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Time to get some action going in this thread. Tell us your AZ Boating Stories.

Claire & I had a Great time Lake Powell. We left Los Angeles April 14, a day late. It always takes more time, to get ready, than I think it will. Stopped to visit my Daughter & Son-in Law in AZ for 2 days. Launched on the 17th traveled about 106 miles up River, visited many of the side canyons, arrived back home the 27th.
The weather cooperated the entire time, Sunny & Mild. one day with a little rain but not enough to mention.
One of our truly outstanding memories was our overnight stay in Forgotten Canyon. It was a Beautiful, Clear Night. The Canyon Walls are high & our cove was just large enough for the Boat. We looked up at the Night Sky and overhead, there were literally Millions of Clear, Bright Shining Stars. I've never seen so many Stars in such a small amount of Sky. It must have been a combination of the Altitude, Clarity of the Atmosphere and absolute absence of Light. Wish I had brought a tri-pod so I could have tried to take a picture.

Below is a Photobucket link to some pictures of the trip:

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/John8952/Lake Powell April 2012/

And a short Video:

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_ac...pm-03002124310600000000%3B301019&locale=en_US

Hope it works.
John

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

It always amazes me when I see all of the stars at Mead, and when we camp in the desert in the winter months.
Nice pics John. Thanks for sharing.

azboater2

Seaman

Well I hear the water temp at Pleasant is above 60!!! Also May 19th is Lake Pleasant Adventure Day, any one planning on going?

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ive hit apache twice so far this year. Its so beautiful there.

sam60

Captain

I lived in the PHX area for many years and Roosevelt was the only lake that I found that made you feel like you were out of the city....all other lakes too crowded due to proximity to Phoenix. Millions of people and though abundant in lakes, not enough square miles of water for the population.

Tubing the Salt was the best times on the H2O there for me.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

its gonna be a sunny weekend... thinking of heading to pleasant or Bartlett. though srp shows bartlett is 42' low (only 48%full) i dont know if its even worth going to bartlett. and pleasant is always so crowded.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

We were on Canyon last weekend, not bad at all, youll find us there again this weekend!

AZSeville

Seaman Apprentice

Was out on Roosevelt last weekend. Water level is at about 65%, it was perfect. A lot of shoreline has opened up for camping. It's still my favorite lake. No crowds. Spent the night at the Spring Creek Motel.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

went to pleasant yesterday (sunday 6/3) and it was a gorgeous day. not to hot, perfect water temp... definitely a lot of people but we found a nice secluded cove for ourselves then anchored with the rest of the crowd in the main areas. i wish there were more places to beach though.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Had a nice day at Sagurao yesterday 6/3

Saw this at the lake. It was cool and played Pirates of the Carribeen music.

Attachments

• Pboat2.jpg
    Pboat2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 0
  • Pboat1.jpg
    Pboat1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Had a nice day at Sagurao yesterday 6/3

Saw this at the lake. It was cool and played Pirates of the Carribeen music.

Hey that things great! I could hang out on there for a while. :cool:

sixgun95

Seaman

Anyone know if the stereo will receive stations at Pleasant or Bartlett?

Status
Not open for further replies.