What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Thanks for the thread bump. The water may be too cold but still alot of boating to do. Done with water sports and now to do some fishing.

Failproof

Petty Officer 1st Class

First post here on iboats, had to be about Arizona!!! Apache lake was always my favorite go to spot. Many fond memories of camping at the unimproved areas of upper burnt coral, or 5 mile. Havent been to an Az lake in 5 years, so not sure what the scene is all about anymore. Colorado lakes just aint the same!!!

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

We were at Canyon yesterday from 9am. Water was great, kids wakeboarded and tubed. Spent an hour in the back playing in the sand and eating lunch. Whats so hard about "NO WAKE ZONE" No one seems to quite understand what exactly that means. Anyway, Water was smooth as glass VERY few boats and way too many jet skis (amazing how much wake a jetski with 2 people on it can make in a no wake zone). As we were leaving, some dummy decided doing a doughnut at the dock in a 17 footer would be cool, no one else did. All in all a nice day.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I will start going back to Canyon now with the Less boating traffic. I just love cruising canyon when there is no one around with Smooth water.

luckyjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I plan on doing Lake Powell. Is there any restrictions on how long you can stay on the lake. 30' cabin pontoon self contained . What months are best to not run the AC? Thanks

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

glen canyon recreation area follows most of the other government rules and regs.

you can only occupy a camp for 14 days and then have to move to another.
there is also a day limit on how many days you can use the park in a year. i have stayed at
both powell and mead, and never had the latter come into question however.

out of sight and out of mind doesn't hurt at all for this type of camping.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

i like spring and fall at powell best.
sept, oct, nov. the nights are cooled down and the water is still warm enough to swim cooling by nov though.

i would avoid july and aug. biggest crowds, hottest weather, toughest time to find beach front property and biggest wakes due to traffic. if you can come after labor day or be for the forth. you will have more lake and less peeps to deal with. also did i say hot and hard to sleep in middle of summer.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i see this thread is a little old but, has anybody been to bartlett lately? it says its half full and im not sure if that makes it worth going to.

azboater2

Seaman

Don't be afraid to do Havasu in your new boat. Hit it on a weekday if at all possible to avoid a crowd of go fast boats. But I tell you cursing under the London bridge is something you need to do. And great boat-access camping on the south end.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

I hate Lake Bartlett and Apache. Dreadful lakes!

Go to lake pleasant and canyon lake. That's where all the cool peeps go.

Just remember, stay the hell away from Bartlett and Apache.
Also don't waste your time on Lake Powell or Mead, they are half empty anyway and completely worthless. Nothing to see but a bunch of boring rocks. I can go in my backyard and count rocks.

In fact I wouldn't recommend Arizona as a boating destination at all. Don't waste your time around here. Just move on down the road, nothing to see.

Lake Mead and Powell are far from worthless,and the water levels dont even matter,theres more sandy beaches now than ever and the fish cant hide as good.If you go to these lakes and see only rocks than perhaps you shoul stop drinking the water,and start looking at all the incredible sites it has to offer.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Guys . . . you're replying to posts from the first page. DR ^^^^ was being sarcastic ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

My avatar is Black Canyon ;)

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

th_0419080952b.jpgHi Guys; Just found this thread. Was forced to move back to Indiana in 2008. Have pined for my Az. home since that time. My favorite Az. lake is Bartlett Resv. Thats were this 54# flathead came from.:p

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Looking forward to boating again. I will start heading out mid feb. The water will be cold but the boating will be nice. Less people.

MRS

Commander

Been trying to get my boat going got all the parts but working alot. Got to get back out to Havasu love that place.

MRS

Commander

Great place just do not go on a major holiday. We usally go in October and have the lake all to our self, plus we do go alot of other times but October is the less amount of people and still nice weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.