What is a Republican?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What is a Republican?

Sorry to not post this with previous.<br /><br />ee, you lost me. How does what you stated compare to what I wrote?<br /><br />I am not sure what you think I meant, but I certainly agree that we should not become blind in an attempt to satisfy our own needs. I think we are in agreement, right?<br /><br />John

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

DJ... Admitting you are a Republican is the first step down the road to recovery... :p <br /><br />I am many things listed above, but call me a Republican, i'll perminately part your hair.... ;) <br /><br />Carry on.... :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Come on Snapper, you know that deep down you are really a republican. You were born that way and nothing you can say or do will change it, so you might as well come out of the closet and admit it. Come on, you will feel better. I promise! ;) :)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

What is a Republican? Someone who really believes that they are American patriots, much more so than democrats :rolleyes: <br /><br />What is a Democrat? Someone who really believes that they are American patriots, much more so than republicans :rolleyes:

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Vlad D Impeller:<br /> What is a Republican? Someone who really believes that they are American patriots, much more so than democrats. :)
What is a Democrat? Someone who is doing everything in there power to ruin everything this great country was founded on, destroying it Morally, disarmming us, underfunding the military and every other way they can. If you dont believe this, then you need to change parties.

D

DJ

yingling wrote:<br /><br />
This past November, I heard more about church and God come from the Republicans more than I have ever heard in an election in my life. No reinvention there, right? Both parties reinvent themselves
No reinvention there, just the "stones" to admit it.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Hey LD, I'm guessing that you only read the first half of my post :confused: <br /><br />The purpose of my comments was to highlight my disappointment in both political parties ;)

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lube, telling us that Democrats are doing this is nothing more than a bunch of fluff. Please explain how they have done this, and how they continue to do all you accuse them of doing. Remember, republicans control the WH and congress. Therefore, the democrats would have a difficult time doing any of what you accuse them of doing.<br /><br />Also, what is "junk science"? Is this science you don't understand? The number of owls per acre is based upon the food resources located on that acre. And science does not put them there, they locate there on their own. No trees = no owls, More food = more owls. If you are talking about one acre of paved parking lot, probably zero owls. If you are talking about a forested acre with many other animals competing for the same food souce, then the number of owls will be fewer than the number of owls if there were no other animals competing for the same food source. Same concept applies to the oceans. You accuse the Democrats of limiting how many fish can be removed, therefore trying to preserve this country and planet, not destroy it. On the other hand, you want to remove fish at a rate that could possibly be faster than they are able to replenish themselves, eventually causing the numbers to decrease until they can no longer sustain any animal. There is a food chain that exists in any habitat, remove a link, and animals will suffer. Talk to the fisherman from Nova Scotia, ask them if the fish reproduce as fast as they have been removed over the past 50 years or so. It really is not "junk science," it is more like supply and demand.<br /><br />You also state you are a Christian, and that God created everything. I won't argue either of these two statements. However, do you believe that only republicans attend church or worship? You also believe that Democrats are intentionally trying to destroy this country? <br /><br />When someone does not agree with you, why do you get defensive and personal? Democrats are this or they are doing this, and they all believe this. It is all bunk. I know a republican that has done some nasty things and landed himself in prison. Based on your rationality, I should also believe you or any other republican would do the same. Correct? The difference between the two of us is that I can separate fact from fiction. Much like your "meaningless animal" statement, I believe you speak before you think. I don't like making things personal, but I am not afraid to return a favor. State your thoughts/opinions, and please be careful of generalized statements that include a larger number of people than you know. If you make accusations, be prepared to be called on them.<br /><br />If we never hear an opposing opinion or thought, we will never grow any wiser. <br /><br />Brought to you by another meaningless creation by God,<br /><br />John

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Vlad D Impeller:<br /> Hey LD, I'm guessing that you only read the first half of my post :confused: <br /><br />
No, I read it all, and I was not trying to poke at you, I just felt like changing it around to fit my beliefs.

LubeDude

Admiral

Yingling-J:<br /><br />Im not going to get into a debate with you over my statements, I still feel the way it looks like I feel.<br /><br />As to the fishing, let me tell you this and its just one type of fishing they are messing with. Maybe I should just call them "Do Gooders",, but if you were to check, I guarantee you they are registered Democrate.<br /><br />They have been messing with the Bottom fishing in this area for a few years claiming that there are no fish. I have a close friend that used to make his living from ground fish harvesting. The year they started messing with them, the fishermen did there own conservation thing by using larger nets so they would only catch the bigger fish and let more small ones go, At the end of that year, the Do Gooders said that there where more big fish taken that year and that there must not be as many small fish. So they put restrictions on them the next year. The fishermen tryed to explain why, but they wouldnt listen. <br /><br />The Game department has a bottom fishing boat that they use to test the waters, only problem is that they dont have any boat captains that know how to fish. They go out and dont catch fish so they say there are none. So just for fun, My buddy went out the same day they did, followed them around and fished behind them all day. The Game department boat came in with "X" pounds of fish, he came in with 10 times the amount of fish. Guess which boat they used for the count???<br /><br />The Do Gooders stopped the Logging which is where our schools got there money from, now they complain that there isnt enough money for schools. Go figure. Now if you are going to tell me that there isnt anymore timber in Oregon, I challenge you to visit this great "Used to be", state and then tell me the same thing, I can still show you trees as big as your SUV, so thick you would get lost walking through them. No more trees in Oregon BS!!!<br /><br />Also, the owls hunt for food in the clear cuts, which there are fewer of, thus fewer owls. Also, there is almost no more deer hunting here anymore due to the no logging practices. Deer and elk forage in the clear cuts as they grow back, (Yes, trees grow back), No because the Do Gooders stopped hunters from hunting cougars with dogs in this state, the deer are easy pickings as they are all in the same places, what deer there are left. Also, I have Black bear in my back yard now due to the Do Gooders, because the dog people used to keep them ran back into the woods.<br /><br />And on, and on, and on.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You know Lube, I have no problem with your thoughts or opinions...that is what this is for...I think. When I might be included in a generalization by you or any other post, I am going to respond. I never mean anything to be personal, until attacked personally. <br /><br />I do like the term "do gooders" more than "Democrats", even if they are all registered Dems. Remember though, the do gooders are just that, do gooders, at least in their own minds. Sometimes we all work under a cloak of ignorance, as they may be. Continue to express to them your concerns and hopefully all will work out in the end for you and your area.<br /><br />John

LubeDude

Admiral

Yingling-J:<br /><br />There is no effort on my part to attack you personally, far from it, Im just on a bit of a Rant today, thats all. Must be because its too Hot today. Anything over 80 here on the coast is too hot for me. Must be tough hugh?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Right on, Vlad!.....
11.gif

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I hear you, 93 degrees and muggy here.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Anything over 80 here on the coast is too hot for me. Must be tough hugh?
Awe! c'mon LD, thermal breakdown? :eek: :p :D <br /><br />Don't go losing your credibility now, you'll disappoint a hell of alotta folks around here :p :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Vlad D Impeller:<br />[QBon't go losing your credibility now, you'll disappoint a hell of alotta folks around here :p :D [/QB]
:D Ya mean I still have some?? :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Come to think of it...er!.. probably not :p <br /><br />I'll let you know after consulting with TOD :D

txswinner

Banned

Let's see LIBERALS, George Washington, all Signers of the Declaration of Independence, all who fought in the revolutionary war, then you got that Abe Lincoln guy, all Democratic Presidents according to all Demos are liberal such as that Truman dude, Kennedy, Johnson, and that phony humanitarian Carter and on and on. Oh yeah that Governor Wallace fellow he was a real Liberal also. Not real bad company I think. But I am trying to make enough money to be a Republican. Oh yeah, I vote as an independent, not sure where that puts me.

oddjob

Commander

Er...Lincoln was a Republican. Typical Lib mistake.