What do you tow with?

dogsdad

Lieutenant
Re: What do you tow with?

Originally posted by jimchere:<br /> I pull my 18'cc with 1989 Yugo XL.
Surely, you're joking.<br /><br />Aren't you???<br /><br /> :eek:

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

1999 F-150 4X4 5.4ltr. Pulls my boat, 16' car trailer, and a 21' travel trailer with ease, but I sure wish I had a diesel with these gas prices.

tylerin

Commander

99 Chevy Silverado<br />02 Chevy Tahoe<br />Pulling a 5.7 Chevy mercruiser.....see a pattern ;)

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by Stumpys:<br /> but I sure wish I had a diesel with these gas prices.
Deisel here is 2.05, and gas is 1.85.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Pointer, after what I saw last Saturday night against Northwestern, you'd be hard-pressed to get an argument outta me... alas, ANOTHER re-building year...<br />Oh well, we're young, and we can go nowhere but up from here.<br />Just hope the score isn't too lopsided!<br />And, on a final note:<br />GO BUCKS!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

O-st8r,<br /><br />How can I pick an arguement if you won't play ball with me. BTW, Wisconsin has played a cupcake schedule so it might be worth your time watching the game. ;)

tylerin

Commander

Being a Buckeye State boy myself I'll play. Cupcake schedule is an understatement, and its time to take their panties off and play a real team ;) <br />
If you thought Northwestern was a juggernaught, look out. They grow em' big up here.
Nothing one of those black squirrels couldn't take care of :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

TYLERIN,<br /><br />HMMMMMM, A TAKER!! :D <br /><br />You're exactly right it is high time we play a tough team, but we don't play Northwestern for another month. :eek: <br /><br />You might know them, they graduate like 95% of their players and typically have a reservation at the bottom of the big 10 standings. Oh thats right they handed you your dignity last week. Buck up, you could always schedule a game with cleveland state.

tylerin

Commander

Lets see...THE Ohio State, Purdue, Northwestern....I'm thinking you're going on a 0 and 3 run, but HEY!!!! you've got your one month anniversary coming up. You can at least celebrate that :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey! Derailing is bad manners, guys.

tylerin

Commander

Even when the person who started the thread derails it :confused: I apologize for adding to Pointers delinquency ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

JB is right. Don't know how I lost my wits cuz I really am interested in the outcome of the poll and the information included. I would really like to hear of any modifications or trailer accessories that have proven to be of benefit to anyone.<br /><br />I'll open a thread later to deal with tylerin later. :D

SingleShot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1999 F-250 super duty ext cab 8' box 5.4L gasser.<br /><br />JK

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

My 98 dodge caravan pulls my 15' open bow right now.

KennyKenCan

Commander

I tow my 20ft Seaswirl runnabout with my '94 Chevy K-5 Blazer.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I tow with my 2003 Dodge 2500, 5.9L Diesel, or wife's 2004 Dodge 2500, 5.9L Diesel. <br />A little overkill for a 20' Pontoon Boat, <br />but we also pull a 27' Travel Trailer, and it is HEAVY, so we bought trucks to pull it.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br />
Originally posted by Stumpys:<br /> but I sure wish I had a diesel with these gas prices.
Deisel here is 2.05, and gas is 1.85.
I know what ya mean there Nate, but diesel is just a few cents higher here right now. Most times it is .20 cents cheaper. <br /><br />The truck they give me to drive at work is a 2004 Silverado, with a Isuzu diesel. It gets twice the mileage my personal gas truck does, and the diesel will pull my 21' travel trailer better too. Whoops, forgot the boat! :p

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1999 Dodge Durango 5.2 and rarely a 1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 I-6.<br /><br />Surprisely, the little Wrangler handles the boat pulling quite well. The short wheel base makes for some interesting swaying though. :eek:

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm towing with a 1993 Ford Mustang V-8. The only problem I have is that I can't see around the boat and I have not been able to find mirror extentions for this car.<br /><br /><br />Craig