What are you doing with your Refund?

D

DJ

Re: What are you doing with your Refund?

Refund? What refund?<br /><br />I ALWAYS owe something.

SoulWinner

Commander

I'm in the "what's a refund?!?!" bunch. We pay through the nose....

sangerwaker

Commander

We are getting a refund this year as usual. It's not huge (the refund :D ), but we plan on putting in a new kitchen and dining room floor. Probably Pergo or some other laminate.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I must be in the minority here, my refund will be putting new canvas on the boat and adding an additional battery. :p

FSHKPR

Ensign

Mine is going back in savings account to cover the money i had to withdraw for downpayment on the cottage we bought in october. i hate it when my savings account gets under a certain level and the refund will get me back up over that level and then some.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

What is this savings account and investment stuff that is spoke of here? I had a savings account when I was a child, about $20. I thought those things were just a novelty for children.<br /><br />Mine is about $4000. $1000 went to get my checking account out of the red, $1000 went to get my house out of forclosure, some to property taxes some license my car which expired in October, some to pay my back gas bill and phone bill. Will pay off the boat with the rest.<br />I am not even close to debt free, but am at least almost close to being caught up. <br />At least I don't owe them anything. Last year they wouldn't give me mine back. Something about never paying any for the previous 2 years or something. Those guys are so picky!

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

IF we get anything back LF will probably pull a JB on me and it will POOF be gone

NathanY

Commander

Well half of it went to the tax debt I owed when I was audited, what is left is gonna pay off my boat.

Trent

Captain

Thats Funny Mr. Ladyfish! POOF! :)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'm getting close to 5 grand back. I decided to NOT use the farm as a business, at least this year. If I did I can't imagine how much I would have gotten back, in the 5 digits for sure. A thousand or so will pay off medical bills so they can quit wasting stamps, they act like its gonna help to keep reminding me. :) The rest will pay a little of christmas and then go into savings. I use the savings throughout the year when the checking gets into the red to bail me out. I have a feeling that most of this years refund will be gone by this time next year. :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Refund? Whats that?..<br />tax cuts my a$$...

Calessa

Cadet

EIC rocks! I have 4 kids! just saving 75 % the other 25% restoring my BMW

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

It will all go into the bank. No debts to pay off here, so it'll be saved for that rainy day or that piece of property next door. Hmm.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

New FISHFINDER!<br /><br />More money into the boat, no surprise there.... <br /><br /> :D

KRS

Banned

You guts file taxes..???? Chumps!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

My other money pit besides boats is O gauge electric trains, I bought a brass locomotive and spent 1400.00 on it, the wife found out I'm sterile now but that locomotive sure is nice!!

TilliamWe

Banned

Now please don't laugh... ;) <br /><br />The Mrs & I are taking a delayed "honeymoon" (actually it'll be our first anniversary) to... Philadelphia. March 10-13. :D <br /><br />So, of course I will be changing the W-4, so as to have less tax withheld, so there will be minimal or no refund next year. Cause if I don't she'll want to go somewhere every year at tax time!

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

It will pay for half the trailer-price :D . And as I had my sterilization a long time ago..I dont have to worry about that too. :p