Whale wars boat sinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Whale wars boat sinking

I think if Japan is going to whale, they should have some cojones about it and not pretend they're doing research. What they're doing is hypocritical, unnecessary, and immoral, and with the exception of Watson et al. no one seems to be interested in calling them on it. So yes, I support the cause of calling attention to what Japan is doing, and I support any efforts within reason to stop them from killing more whales.

Of course, what Watson is doing is not within reason. He's a nut case.

I also agree that they should just be straight forward about it. No one cares because it is pointless to do so. The whalers are not hurting anybody. There are so many other worthy causes that we don't have enough resources to take care of to be worry about something like this.

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There are so many other worthy causes that we don't have enough resources to take care of to be worry about something like this.

I'm afraid I've never understood this particular stance. There are thousands of worthy causes. Restoring old boats is hardly a worthy cause compared to world hunger, yet many people feel it's worthwhile and get much joy out of it.

I just finished reading "Three Cups of Tea", a book about a man who decided to help to educate girls in Pakistan during a time when most people felt that helping Muslims was an unworthy cause. He made a dramatic change in that part of the world and in the world around him as well. If a person is passionate about a cause, they'll get things done.

Attack Watson all you want, but don't assume that he's the only person who supports the effort to stop whaling. With enough pressure, Japan will give it up.

gonefishie

Commander

I'm afraid I've never understood this particular stance. There are thousands of worthy causes. Restoring old boats is hardly a worthy cause compared to world hunger, yet many people feel it's worthwhile and get much joy out of it.

I just finished reading "Three Cups of Tea", a book about a man who decided to help to educate girls in Pakistan during a time when most people felt that helping Muslims was an unworthy cause. He made a dramatic change in that part of the world and in the world around him as well. If a person is passionate about a cause, they'll get things done.

Attack Watson all you want, but don't assume that he's the only person who supports the effort to stop whaling. With enough pressure, Japan will give it up.

I guess what is worthy all depend on how you define it huh?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Getting too argumentive, guys. I think all points of view have been presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.