Weekly Q&A 8/22-8/28

oddjob

Commander
Re: Weekly Q&A 8/22-8/28

oh yeah, GG,......I use the hemp sometimes. I didnt mention before because I can never keep it on the boat..you'd think I was burning it or something.. :rolleyes:

D

DJ

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br /><br />Orange, Grapefruit, Palms, Olive, Bougainvillea, Mesquite, Palo Verde<br /> <br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br /><br />Lilac (always meant spring)<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br /><br />6 months ago<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br /><br />Bison<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br /><br />Over easy<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br /><br />Uninterupted at family lake home<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br /><br />Fish (Gaftop Catfish) :p and crab meat burritos<br /><br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br /><br />Ease to right and watch<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br /><br />Yes<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br /><br />Nylon

brother chris

Commander

Well now you have keened my interest. <br />Hmmm..ostrich meat. <br />Not sure if they have it up here in Canada? <br />Actually I just checked the web and apparently there is ostrich meat around here, but not that much, and your right about being expensive. <br />I'm normally a meat and potatoe guy, but hey, I might just go and get some and try it. <br />I'm not sure what my buds are going to think when I invite them over for a BBQ, and instead of a thick, fat, juicy steak....I'm going to serve some ostrich.<br />We'll see.<br />Thanks for the info.<br />Brother Chris...

aspeck

Staff member

Bro Chris, I started eating it in Ghana - it was cheaper than beef and the cows are free range and the feed isn't so good, so they are pretty tough. Ostrich is much better tasting than Ghana beef, much more tender and juicey. Family favorite is to take an ostrich roast and slow cook with carrots, onions, potatoes, italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. YUM!

LadyFish

Admiral

Ok, enlighten me...what the heck is Bison?<br /><br />BTW DJ, on my way to catch some gafftop tonight. I will bring a special bucket to bring them home in. :D

D

DJ

Bison=Buffalo<br /><br />The meat is a dark purple. You can cut it with a fork.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? White Birch, Pines, Maples, Oaks<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Tiger Lillies<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? 2 years ago<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Moose<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs? Whatcha-got omelets<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation? Not sure but it would be on the water<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Chili<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? Veer right<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? Yes<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? Nylon

rwise

Captain

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />oak, elm, hickory, black jack, black walnut, pine, persimon, etc. etc.<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />plastic (no pollin(sp))<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />1995<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />smoked!!!<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />over medium<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />AAAAAAAAAAAA<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />chili/BBQ<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />there is not that much room, the channel is only so wide!<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />Yes<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />nylon, cotton dies to fast and hemp isn't that for smoking?

LadyFish

Admiral

My apologies for not getting this past weeks Q&A out. Things have been pretty hectic for me. I will have a new group of questions for you this coming Sunday.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />Cypress, Chinese Tallow, Cottonwood, Red Bud, Live Oak<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />Roses<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />Summer, 2003<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />Brisket<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />Over Easy<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />Austrailia<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Brisket<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />Veer Right, Watch him.<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />Yes.<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />Cotton

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />Maple, Oak, and pine<br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />Lillies<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />2000 I think<br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />Usually a rib eye, but a large burger and a cold beer can be better than sex sometimes. (nah!!)<br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />On someone elses plate, don't eat them.<br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />Whats a vacation? Aruba perhaps<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Pork tenderloin<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />I do what I can to have him pass on the left by indicating my intention as early as possible.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />Always<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines<br />Nylon....

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? tall and green<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? water lily<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? a what?<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? yes<br />5. How do you like your eggs? cooked<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? 3 blondes, 3brunets, 3 redheads, lots of beer and a harbor master to steer the boat.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? I dont know .. what you serving?<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? depends on wether it a he or she.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? guess so.<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? silk ( she likes them because they dont chafe.