Weekly Q&A 8/22-8/28

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Weekly Q&A 8/22-8/28

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? White oak, white birch, cherry and pear <br />2. What’s your favorite flower? purple lilac <br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? three years ago <br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Caribou <br />5. How do you like your eggs? over medium <br />6. What would be your dream vacation? white shark fishing on the great barrier reef <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? lobster seafood salad <br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? keep him to port and give him a look as we pass <br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? always <br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? nylon

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? I have not paid that much attention to the type. Oak I think.<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? I don't have one, but I grow roses for the wife.<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? hmmm, good question.<br />4. What is your favorite meat ?Chicken<br />5. How do you like your eggs? Yoke broke and a little toasted.<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? Cruising the great lakes in a nice boat. :) <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Grilled chicken ceasar salad.<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? veer right and keep an eye on them.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? Yes, and plus some extra.<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? Nylon.

Carphunter

Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />White Oak, Red Oak, Sugar Maple, Dogwood, Redbud, White Pine, Red Cedar, Shagbark Hickory,..................3 french hens...........2 turtle doves..........and a partridge in a pear tree. :p <br /><br />2. Whats your favorite flower?<br />........are guys supposed to have favorite flowers?<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />Golly, probably 10 years ago. are guys supposed to have check ups? :p <br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat?<br />.........a track meet! (Boy, that was bad). Venison.<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />With little baby wild Turkeys in 'em.<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />A non-guided Whitetail deer hunt in Canada.<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Ramen noodles. ......Are guys supposed to enter cook offs?<br /><br />8. If an oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait to see what he is going to do?<br />I veer left, then right, then left, til they think i'm drunk, then they usually turn around. :D <br /><br />9. Do you keep the "required" equipment on your boat?<br />I not only keep it on my boat, but I keep the "required equipment" with me at all times. ;) <br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon, or hemp for your tie lines?<br />I don't use tie lines, I just ram the boat up on the bank. :p

Carphunter

Commander

Awwww, ain't it sweet how Tylerin and Gaugeguy both like Lilacs? :p <br /><br />Do you both like sewing and cross-stitching too?<br /><br />........or was it cross-dressing. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Awwww, ain't it sweet how Tylerin and Gaugeguy both like Lilacs? :p
Homophobe :D <br /><br />I don't want to hijack LF's thread so start one that I can really lay the smack down on ya ;)

ehenry

Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Pine and Oak<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Azaleia and Dogwood<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? 16 years ago<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Steak<br />5. How do you like your eggs? Anyway<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? A tall ship cruise to Fiji.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Southern Soul food.<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? Veer right.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? yes<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? nylon.

brother chris

Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />tall ones( I know nothing about trees)<br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />red rose, they smell great<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />I dunno<br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />Prime Rib, 2-5" thick<br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />over easy<br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />Tahiti, Bora Bora(I plan on going there next year, thanks to SoulWinner for the links :) <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Chicken breast<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />veer right and watch the dude<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />yes and then some<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />nylon.

Link

Rear Admiral

Oh the weekly torture test from LF Makes me think :) <br /><br />1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br /> Two Cherrie and one Apple <br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Dandylions.. as long as I convince Mrs.Link they are flowers I don't need to mow the lawn! <br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br /> Two months ago.. I took both the truck and Van in ! :) <br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Can't eat meat! Peta says soo... <br />5. How do you like your eggs? Can't eat eggs ... PETA says so <br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br /> Away from earth with Spinners friends looking back at earth! <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? "the Greys" taste like Chichen! ;) 8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />Go to the right<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br /> Ofcourse <br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />Nope I'd smoke the hempt then worry about everything else later ;: ;:

LadyFish

Admiral

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Palms, Lemon, Advacado,Bougainvillea <br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Orchid, Plumeria and Gardinia. I'm also partial to white honeysuckle.<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? 2 years ago<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Ribeye Steak<br />5. How do you like your eggs? Over easy or poached<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? Top picks--Fiji or Bora Bora. <br />I've also always wanted to see Holland and New Zealand.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Grilled shrimp wrapped scallop kabobs in an Asian marinade served over fruit salsa.<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? Slow down, stand there looking really blonde....he'll move. Seriously, I make a sharp right turn and let them no my intentions, then watch closely.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? yes<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? Cotton and poly.

LadyFish

Admiral

And achris, yes I do read all of these. :) <br /><br />Chief, I haven't decided what to do with all this valuable information yet. ;) I do find it interesting though.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

none of us will ever be able to go into the witness protection program...she knows too much :D

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Hey link, just remember that it is really hard to hear the wife over the lawn mower. It also muffles what ever you say. ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />red oak & post oak<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />homestead verbena<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />year and a half<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />pork<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />over easy<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />St. Kitts with Haile Berry<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Crawfish creole<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do <br />you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />veer right<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />yes<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />nylon

SoulWinner

Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Oak, Rain Tree<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Gardenia (best smelling), Day Lillie (Prettiest), and Amaryllis (the flower looks like a Victrola), and Carnations (they last the longest when cut)<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? 1989<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Ribeye, or Ostrich fillet!<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs? Fried (like my brain)<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation? 90 days to explore Australia, or Thailand<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Chilli. and I would win.<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? Ease to the right<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? Yep!<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? Nylon, 5/8"

brother chris

Commander

SoulWinner, did you say Ostrich fillet? <br />What does ostrich taste like(and don't say ostrich! :) <br />And if you do eat ostrich, what do you do with the neck? Do you cook it like a turkey neck? Do you feed it to the dogs. Can you have a ostrich roast as well? <br />Can you buy live ostrich and then kill it and eat it? Ostriches are are huge. Or is it at a butcher already chopped up? <br />Seriously, I have never had it...your not kidding me are you...you eat that stuff? :confused:

SoulWinner

Commander

Bro Chris,<br /><br />Ostrich is some of the very best red meat you will ever eat. I like the ostrich from Blue Heaven Ostrich Ranch; here's a link!<br /> Blue Heaven Ostrich Ranch <br />I don't like the ravioli, but the hot dogs are are the best dogs I've ever had, and the Fillets are magnificent!! Truly better than any beef I have had. <br /><br />Around here Ostrich can be purchased from local folks, but I don't know how to butcher them(they do that for you), and I couldn't kill one anyway. I used to work at a native plant nursery and they had an ostrich and an emu. I used to enjoy feeding the ostrich on my breaks. He was really cool, but he was packing about a hundred pounds of fine dressed meat.....<br /><br />Ostrich from Blue Heaven is expensive(but worth every cent), so if you can get the fillets locally, go for it. It is extremely lean, so you have to cook it over HOT coals, cook it quickly to medium-well, and use tongs not a fork. You have to sear the meat and not puncture it so it stays juicy, otherwise it dries out real fast. I have grilled it, and blackened it and it is juicy, tender and delicious. Also, the ground meat is pretty good too for burgers, or for meat sauces like spaghetti. Try some!

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

1. Oaks, Ash, Pecan, Magnolia, Pine.<br />2. Four o'clocks. There wild all along fence.<br />3. 2 years ago.<br />4. Ribeye.<br />5. Scrambled with grilled Jalepenos and onions.<br />6. To spend a week on an island in the south pacific, Just the wife and I.<br />7. My spagetti sauce.<br />8. Veer right and make sure he does the same and expect the unexpected.<br />9. Yes'um.<br />10. Nylon.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

SoulWinner, did you say Ostrich fillet? <br />What does ostrich taste like(and don't say ostrich! <br />And if you do eat ostrich, what do you do with the neck? Do you cook it like a turkey neck? Do you feed it to the dogs. Can you have a ostrich roast as well? <br />Can you buy live ostrich and then kill it and eat it? Ostriches are are huge. Or is it at a butcher already chopped up? <br />Seriously, I have never had it...your not kidding me are you...you eat that stuff? <br />
Brother Chris,<br /><br />Ostrich is probably the best RED meat you'll ever eat. Very low fat content. cook like beef but be careful not to overcook since you don't have the fat to cook away.<br /><br />I used to raise ostriches for meat production (until the divorce).<br /><br />Ostrich is in no way like chicken/turkey. Wherever you use beef, you can use ostrich. ONly problem in in like hamburgers....they won't hold together very good because of the low fat content.<br /><br />Go find you some and try it. Yes it is a little more expensive just due to supply (hopefully that will change), but for the health aspects, it's great.

aspeck

Staff member

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />Norway Spruce, Crimson Oak, White Oak, and others I have no clue what they are. Horticulturist I am not.<br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />What CarpalHunter said.<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />Hmmm, I needed one when I got my CDL, that was in 92. Should be good for another 13 years or so.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />Venison. Ostrich would be favorite poultry.<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />Any way, any time.<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />Being alone with my wife anywhere in the outdoors.<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Depends on the category.<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />Veer right and keep watching - it might be Carpy coming towards me, so I have to be ready to turn at any moment!<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />What is required?<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />Nylon for towing stranded boaters. That is all you need. Boat beaches quite nicely!

gaugeguy

Captain

No hemp rope users, huh? Nobody here must be a member of the Jamaican sailing team :D