Weekly Q&A 8/22-8/28

LadyFish

Admiral
1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br /><br /> :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Weekly Q&A 8/22-8/28

1. I have cedars, three kinds of oak, "cedar" elms, hackberry, mesquite, lots of pecans, black walnut, peach, pear, persimmon, cottonwood, two kinds of plum, and a few I don't know the names of. Yes, all in my "yard", The Hideout, which is 120 acres.<br /><br />2. I think my favorite wildflower is passionflower, cultivated would be catalaya (sp?) orchids.<br /><br />3. I get a minor checkup every 6 mo., full is annual. Last full, Feb, 2004.<br /><br />4. My favorite meat is Bison.<br /><br />5. I like eggs over hard or coddled hard.<br /><br />6. I take my dream vacation annually to Lake Of The Woods.<br /><br />7. My best recipe is Hideout Chili.<br /><br />8. I usually keep him to port, but expeect anything.<br /><br />9. My boats are always ready for inspection.<br /><br />10. I use polypropylene.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1. Redwood's. Oak's, Pine's, Elm's and Cypress.<br /><br />2. Gardenia's (sp?)<br /><br />3. About 5 years ago. My Doctor of many years retired about then and my HMO assigned me to a female doctor, who turned out to be a OB/GYN!!! I haven't been since. (no joke) <br /><br />4. Venison...(Road kill)...No season, No license, No limit, No joke!!! :D <br /><br />5. Over easy<br /><br />6. A repete of my 1983 vacation of a lifetime. The French Rivera, Spanish Rivera, Scotland. Ireland and England, with an invitation into Buckingham Palace for a tour and cocktails. (no joke)<br /><br />7. Lamb Curry ( I got the recipe from a mini-mart owner)<br /><br />8. I stay to the right if it's a power boat, but if it's some idiot in a sailboat, I use by bull horn to yell at it for turning in front of me at the last minute. (a common practice by sailboats on SF Bay) <br /><br />9. H*ll Yes<br /><br />10. Nylon<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...<br /><br />"If it ain't broke, keep greasing it"

one more cast

Captain

1.I have Norway spruce,Scotch pine,Lilac,Elm,Blue Spruce,Maple,Birch,Oak,Aspen,Alders,Cedar,Black Walnut,Apple and I'm sure I'm missing some.<br />2.My favorite wildflowers are daisies and black eyed susans.<br />3.I get check ups all the time<br />4.I think BBQ chicken is my favorite meat<br />5.I like my eggs over easy with bacon<br />6.I Think my dream vacation would be a vacation where I didn't have the worry about the cost.<br />7.chicken riggies or capitol punishment chili would be my entry.<br />8.I automatically go to the right when a boat approaches.<br />9.A keep the required equiptment on my boat.<br />10.I'm (knot) sure what kind of rope I use. :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />many diff. maples, blue spruce, huge w/willows r a few.<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? plastic.<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?can't remember<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? beef<br />5. How do you like your eggs? sunny<br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />a yacht with full crew on med. cruising btw/italy & greece<br />for a few months.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />pasta fabozzi (secret)<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />head to starboard<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? and then some...<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? hemp? :p

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Honey locust, Scotch pine, red elm, juniper, maybe a couple others<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? whatever's bloomin<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? April<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Elk, Moose, venison, bison...I don't know, whatever I havethawed<br />5. How do you like your eggs? baked, with grits<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? 6 months and a harley in Oz<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? paella<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? depends where the rapids and channels of the river are at.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? yup<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? poly<br /><br /><br />So LF, what are you doing with all this valuable info you are getting? :)

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

1.What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Palm, Lemon & a %#@%# Bougainvillea <br />2.What’s your favorite flower? Pillsbury, baked <br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? 2 yrs. <br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Beef <br />5. How do you like your eggs? Laced, cooked in bacon grease(that's how I like them but you & the doc say no) <br />6. What would be your dream vacation? A cruise from Galveston to the Great Lakes <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Brisket <br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? I usually turn a little to the starboard to let him know my intentions <br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? Yes <br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? White

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? - Maple, Oak, Birch, Black Walnut(dang things), Cherry, Hickory <br />2. What’s your favorite flower? - ??wildflower(s) <br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? - had a physical 2yrs ago .. dentist last year.<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? - Elk <br />5. How do you like your eggs? - Fried in bacon grease sunny-side-up or in an egg sandwich<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? - Hunting trip to Alaska for Ptarmagain and Dahl sheep.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? - <br />Grilled peppered Elk loin and Flash-Fried walleye served w/garlic red potatoes and brown butter green beans with baked french onion soup and hot bacon dressing on spinich salad to the side. <br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? - Depends on what else is around me. <br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? - and then some..<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? - Nylon ...<br /><br />did someone say hemp??? .... lol.. duuuuuuude :cool: :p

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

"Flash-Fried walleye served w/garlic red potatoes"<br />MY hungry now ;)

Mike6158

Cadet

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> 1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br /><br /> :)
(1) Pecans. Around 30 of them.<br />(2) Bluebonnet<br />(3) 3 years ago<br />(4) Deer<br />(5) Over easy<br />(6) Near the ocean and one that never ended.<br />(7) It's a toss up between grilled pork chops, grilled chicken, or sausage (I make my own)<br />(8) Veer to starboard and watch the other guy closely<br />(9) Yes, always and then some.<br />(10) Nylon

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br /> Lots of Cottonwoods and willows,Pecan,Black walnut,3 kinds of plums,nectarine,peach,almond,Silver maple,cherry(struggling), pommegranites,loquat,english walnut, and some I don't know the name of.<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Hollyhock<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?Dentist last month. doctor a while.<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Beef<br />5. How do you like your eggs? Over medium<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? Anything having to do with fishing,boating and water.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Berry cobbler<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? I veer to the right.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?Yes, of course.<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />Nylon<br />Bassy

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br /> Florida slash pines, Palmetto. some still standing, some not.<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />Mini roses, any variety.<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />Physical,3 weeks ago---mental, overdue.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />mmmm...meat!! the cooked kind .<br /> <br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />I like em purdy good. (scambled well).<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />A non-endng one, in Australia or enZed.<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Mom's stew (she taught me how). or "Purina Sean Chow", which is mom's version of meatloaf.<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />Yes.<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />Yes. <br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />Cotton/dacron

tylerin

Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? orange tangerine avacado grapefruit pepper olive lemon peach and plum<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? lilac<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?yikes?<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? pork<br />5. How do you like your eggs? very well, thank you for asking<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? cabo marlin fishing been there or golfing at Royal St Andrews <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? whole pig cooked underground<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically go to his right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? keep him to port side with caution<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? yes<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? nylon, I roll the hemp

achris

More fish than mountain goat

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Lemon trees and Palms<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Cannalily<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? What's a check up :D <br />4. What is your favorite meat ? steak, lamb, pork, fish, chicken, venison, kangaroo, rabbit. Have I missed any?<br />5. How do you like your eggs? sunny side up<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? it would involve lots of water, wine, women and fish<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? lobster<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? start to move right AND watch what he's doing<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? and then some<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? silver<br /><br />LF, do you read all these?

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Live Oak and Pines<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Impatients<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? 4 months ago<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Venison<br />5. How do you like your eggs? Over easy<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? Hawaii<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? Jambaylaya<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? Head to starbord but keep an eye on the other boat...He could be an IDOIT<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? yes adn a little more<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? nylon

phatmanmike

Captain

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? queen palm. sour orange. star fruit.<br /><br />2. What’s your favorite flower? cauli<br /><br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?in december<br /><br />4. What is your favorite meat ? dead<br /><br />5. How do you like your eggs? cooked, with ite number 4. see above<br /><br />6. What would be your dream vacation? anything free. boating in bahamas<br /><br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? my chili or my smoked chicken<br /><br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? i head right<br /><br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? most of it... throwable float, lights, PFD's, flare gun, whistle, loud horn....<br /><br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? nylon, of course

Dunaruna

Admiral

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />Gums & wattles. Lots of um.<br />2. What’s your favorite flower?<br />Red rose.<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />12 Months ago.<br />4. What is your favorite meat ?<br />Pork.<br />5. How do you like your eggs?<br />Easy over.<br />6. What would be your dream vacation?<br />Cruising the greek isles.<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry?<br />Bolonese sauce (with pasta).<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br />How big is he? Usually wait and see.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat?<br />Yes.<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />All of the above.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. 5 types of palm trees, avacado, bottle brush...<br />2. hibiscus<br />3. long time ago<br />4. smoked turkey<br />5. green, with ham... sam i am<br />6. take several months.. drive.. see the US, including Alaska.. Always wanted to drive the Al-can highway...<br />7. Beefy macaroni..<br />8. Fire off a short horn blast and wait for the other boats reply.. If no reply in an appropriate amount of time I'll know the "pilot" is a weekend-walley w/o a clue, so I'll alter my course to starboard if there's room..<br />9. You betcha!<br />10. Nylon...

Drowned Rat

Captain

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard? Mesquite, Paolo Verde, Texas Ebony, Acacia <br />2. What’s your favorite flower? Fish hook cactus flower <br />3. When was the last time you had a check up? Every year <br />4. What is your favorite meat ? Don't eat meat. <br />5. How do you like your eggs? Don't eat eggs <br />6. What would be your dream vacation? I live it every other week. It's my job. <br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? BBQ tofu <br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do? Veer right, slow down <br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? Of course <br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines? Double braided nylon.

oddjob

Commander

1. What type(s) of trees do you have in your yard?<br />Oak, Palms, and Robalini.<br />2. What’s your favorite flower? <br />Daisy<br />3. When was the last time you had a check up?<br />2 months ago<br />4. What is your favorite meat ? <br />fish<br />5. How do you like your eggs? <br />over med. or omelete<br />6. What would be your dream vacation? <br />Somewhere on an island in the South Pacific...<br />7. If I was holding a cook-off, what would be your best entry? <br />Breakfast<br />8. If an on oncoming boat approaches you head on do you automatically veer right? Or do you wait and see what he is going to do?<br /> veer right while watching to see what he does.<br />9. Do you keep the ‘required’ equipment on your boat? <br />Yes<br />10. Do you use cotton, nylon or hemp for your tie lines?<br />All of the above.