Jeff Peacock
Seaman
Thread starter- Joined
- Aug 6, 2003
- Messages
- 52
Just another not-so-happy reminder to keep an eye on the boat when launching and recovering. My wife and I went to Pigeon Lake (Alberta, Canada) yesterday to camp and fish. We launched the boat, and I spent about an hour fishing while she sat on the beach with the baby. When I returned, I beached the boat, walked to the truck, and backed the trailer down the launch. As I got halfway down the launch, I noticed someone reaching into my boat. They pulled hard on the fish-finder, and snapped the base off; must have seen me, because they dropped their stolen property and ran off. Thanks a bunch. At least I didn't lose the fish-finder, I just have to order a new base mount. Doesn't make one very happy, let me tell you. Watch your boat at the launch!