Wal-Mart and the Union

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wal-Mart and the Union

Might I add we are doing a wal-mart warehouse center for 5.2 million bucks, they went with us as a union shop, kind of ironic given the rest of this thread...

crab bait

Captain

in the electrical construction field,, which is all i can attest to.. bein' IBEW myself..<br /><br />the union / non union bids are always neck & neck.. usually the non union is just a tad lower cause they can.. cause it's totally a non level playin' field..<br /><br />if'n the union shop gets the job,, the men get a great wage, great health & dental, disablity an life insurance, an a pension package to die for.. an the contractor makes a profit..<br /><br />if'n the non union gets the job,, the contractors makes a huge profit..

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Johnshan1 and crab bait,<br /><br />Thanks for a straight up answers. I often get bashed when asking those sort of questions. Glad you gave me the "other side of the coin".<br /><br />Mark

Stratosfied

Ensign

Glad to see so many IBEW brothers on here. IBEW local #2040. "First In, Last Out."

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

very, very excellent post Johnshan1.<br /><br />Thank You<br /><br />Pace Local 7-0209.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> and they got them killer electric scooters that dont fit down half the aisles :)
Either do the drivers :p