Voting Democratic??? Take a look!

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Voting Democratic??? Take a look!

Oh, how nice Kofi Annan is "appalled to learn" that the terrorists have taken 200 children hostage and he "condemns" it. How nice. How long before he does what all liberals do, blame the victim?

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

unixgeek13, you talk about not using a far right or far left media for links. The mainstream media is far left in case you didn't notice. So, how are we to avoid it?<br /><br />Your statement about his daddy having a war to boost his popularity, so he needs one as well is bull. He already had the 9/11 incident to boost his popularity. He decided to continue chasing the little rats to their hiding places. AW, poor little rats are getting stepped on. I don't give a @#$%^ about the little rats!<br /><br />You and all of us are dealing with religious fanatics that what us dead. There isn't a happy ending in the near future. Sorry, but it's time to dig trenches and start killing them as they show their ugly faces.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Isn't it interesting that people who stock pile weapons and munition in schools and mosques, are surprised to hear about children being taken hostage.

Ralph 123

Captain

As former NYC Democratic (ultra liberal) mayor Ed Koch says, "The Democrats don't have the stomach for it and that's why I am voting for Bush"

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> Oh, how nice Kofi Annan is "appalled to learn" that the terrorists have taken 200 children hostage and he "condemns" it. How nice. How long before he does what all liberals do, blame the victim?
No Ralph... How long before somebody blames GEORGE BUSH!!

Ralph 123

Captain

You've got that right KaGee!<br /><br />I just saw the most extraordinary interview with a retired Russian Special Forces soldier live from Moscow. He said, basically, this is what you get when you try appeasement for 30 years. He also said that most of these terrorists were trained by Al Qaeda. And finally, he said these terrorist are the same ones fighting against "our American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan." Image that? Not "The American troops" but "our American troops." Maybe it was just an language thing, but listening to him I got a real sense of common cause. Think the Bear and the Eagle will join forces to eat the snakes????

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by unixgeek13:<br /> In November, I have to choose between a dangerous flip-flop or a moronic puppet that was never even elected in the first place.
Another example of the inability to discern reality. A dangerous flip-flop? Yeah, that's John Kerry allright (there's an element of truth in every legend). Moronic puppet? That's just a hate-laden epithet that has no basis in truth. And, for the record, Bush did indeed win the election of 2000. End of story.

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

"...And, for the record, Bush did indeed win the election of 2000. End of story."<br /><br /><br />Last I saw, the state where one candidate's brother is governor let a ranking member of the that candidate's re-election committee decide the fate of the debacle that occurred within the state. A lot of people should have recused themselves if they wanted to at least give the appearance of no impropriety. I'm sorry if my opinion bothers you. It won't happen again.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

And who didn't want the troops votes to be counted?

SCO

Lieutenant

We've been hashing all those points out for the past 3 years Unix. So, in conclusion, you think W took us to war for the poles and not because he felt a responsibility to counter the threat to the country, a kind of wag the dog? He willfully has soldiers dying though he doesn't think the USA people are in danger...just for popularity or oil for his cronies...something like that? Pretty serious charge . Do you have any basis for that slander? Are you a fair minded person and if so is your attack thoughtfull, true, and fair?

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Slow down... did W take us there willfully for only oil glory? No... I doubt that. However; he acted on seriously flawed data (regarding WMD). For myself, if a doctor says my knee needs surgery, I get a second opinion. W and his advisors took the WMD report and said "Let's go!"<br /><br />It is interesting, in hindsight, to see how many administration insiders are profitting from "rebuilding" Iraq. <br /><br />These people that we are saving are doing the 7 virgins dance when they kill each other, why in God's name would they think twice before killing us and ours!?!?!?<br /><br />AS far as I'm concerned, W is a 75HP outboard hanging onto the back of a 175 foot yacht. Overmatched at best. And Jeb wants his turn next?!?!

oddjob

Commander

Slow down... did W take us there willfully for only oil glory? No... I doubt that. However; he acted on seriously flawed data (regarding WMD).
There was also the same type of report in 1998 when Clinton reported on it, called for action, and got everyone to approve the response and direction/course to take.<br /><br />Four years later after 9/11....BUSH took us the same exact course.......key words here...........report....and......action.<br /><br />Action, I like that word...

SCO

Lieutenant

Ok Unix. What about more recent reports that the wmds were taken to Syria given all the advanced warning and coalition building? My take is that as soon as Iraq talk began, the anti Bush people staked out a contrary position to Bush. Regardless of anything he did, they were going to be contrary, rooted in a general left perception that he was a dufus cowboy and illegitimate president. Most of us on the r thought we needed to go into Iraq, Afghan, etc as spelled out in the axis of evil speech immediately after 911. We didn't need any WMD convincing, only the contrary left did. We knew then and still know that Saddam had the will and hate and means to obtain WMDS even if he didn't have them(though everyone in the world thought he had them as he probably did prior to ditching them) , and that he would give them to those that would use them . I think were at a stalemate here, and acknowledge that its a free country(for now) and I don't begrudge your opinion, but would hope you could evaluate the situation without a left biased slant. I think you have the slant based on your original stereotypical complaints about Bush.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

For myself, if a doctor says my knee needs surgery, I get a second opinion.
I guess the English & Russian inteligence agencies drawing the same conclusion from their own resources don't count as a second opinion.<br /><br />Don't you have to go into the city & give the NYPD a hard time tonight? Don't forget your sign!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

It seems to me that everyone who says going to war in Iraq was a mistake bases that opinion on the idea that there were no WMDs or terrorists in Iraq.<br /><br />Anyone who seriously believes there were none must also believe in the tooth fairy. Iraq sought to by uranium from Niger. Iraq killed hundreds of thousands of Kurds with chemical weapons. Iraq provided refuge for known terrorists. Iraq had ongoing WMD programs and was no cooperating with the U. freekin' N.'s inspection teams. Diplomacy over a period of 12 years yielded NOTHING.<br /><br />Yet, we should have just stood around wringing our hands??!!<br /><br /><br />Quote: "It is interesting, in hindsight, to see how many administration insiders are profitting from "rebuilding" Iraq." <br /><br />Perhaps a glance at the beneficiaries within the democratic party would be illuminating. And let's remember that it was French, German, and Russian opposition that we faced in the U. freekin' N., and that this was because of their economic ties to Saddam, and let's also remember the U. freekin' N.'s duplicity in the "Oil for Food" scandals which have yet to be totally exposed.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

At the RNC, why did the democrat from GA promote Bush in his speech? He must have one heck of a reason.

PW2

Commander

I'm only curious at this point in time which country we attack next in this neo-con empire building exersise?<br /><br />And does anybody still believe Iraq is going to become a pro-west democracy, or that we are safer now that we have invaded Iraq?<br /><br />And dogsdad, simply repeating something over and over again that was bogus from the start will never all of a sudden make it true.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

PW, I think we should have already been in Iran by now. Sudan needs to be next after that. Then building up in the Taiwan area to take China and Korea on. At the same time we are working on diplomatic paths. However, we do not castrate ourselves while working diplomacy. Stop companies from moving jobs over seas. To much of a good thing is bad for this country. We are going to find ourselves with these company CEOs screaming at the white house to let up on China or Other countries, because it is bad for their business. This is a position the U.S. can not allow to happen at all cost. We will end up with Taiwan becoming forced back into China, and we will be standing there with egg on our face. The world will know that we are not really serious about our heritage. We are just in it for what ever is good for business.<br /><br />I think that trying to set up a democracy in the middle east is crazy. All we have to do is keep killing the terrorist bastages they put in power, until the get a clue. Of course we will have to continue to attempt to educate them at the same time as well. So that maybe some point in the future they will put someone worth while in power.<br /><br />Increase the assertiveness here on U.S. soil against terrorist. I mean, we need to be publically executing these worthless things on sight. If we catch them with their hands in the cookie jar, we don't need a judge and jury to figure it out. :D This is also cheaper for the taxpayer. It doesn't cost much for the spent ammunition, and none or little American lives are lost.<br /><br />Also, kick the U.N. off American soil and remove diplomatic imunitities. The police will probably remove a good many terrorist, when they re-open cases they had to close because of that. Also, remove funding to the U.N. NOW.

SCO

Lieutenant

I don't think the point is to get a "pro west" democracy. The point is to get a "democracy" which is not run by a fundamentalist sect, and which allows the people to find a direction for their energy (pursuit of happiness) other than hate for the USA. <br />You guys sure have a lot of complaints of the "neocons" and religious fundamentalism, just transfer that over there and fix them instead. Be a part of the solution, not the problem. WRT who to invade next, answer is anyone that harbors terrorism, anyone that cannot manage to live and let live. You would propose otherwise PW? Let them have their terrorism? Let them execute their plans to kill Americans? Kerry's your man. We have no choice pal, we have to fight them. The alternative is that we can be the fools that end up in the dust bin of history. When are you guys going to get this? It's us against them, not us against us.<br />For full effect,recall the way Reese was talking to the police Psychologist in "Terminator".