victory at sea

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Finally got my Chriscraft redeck finished and on the shakedown cruise. The motor ran like a dream. And the boat was stiff and water tight. I think I got a teaspoon of water out of the bilge when I pulled the plug out at the end of the day. Thanks to everyone for the help along the way.<br />H90
martin%20008.jpg

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: victory at sea

congrats...where you at...lake looks familiar... :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I hear that tune in my head now..Other than putting an ear worm in me head for the rest of the day, congrats..Looks great!
emthup.gif

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thought,<br /><br />that is lake pleasant, AZ

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Horse...alot like the high desert lakes 'round here...

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No, it is a kilamanjaro Safaris hat.<br />What is Hungry Howies?

mike1234tampa

Seaman

Hungry Howies is like Dominoes, Fast pizza place, least in Florida it is, Now is that the name Christ Craft redneck, because if Crist Craft made a boat called the redneck, that be cool. Looks like she motors pretty good in that pic

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No what I said was Re-deck. Lol. Just finished.<br />6 gallons + of epoxy and high density filler, 50 yards of biaxal tape, 2 sheets of 1/2 inch marine grade ply, 40 sq feet of 7oz cloth, new stringers, reenforced deck timbers, and some added hull bracing above decks to make her stiffer and avoid the 'taco' effect as I bounce over the lake. The interior is epoxy barrier coat hull paint by Interlux. I ran a textured roller over the deck before it dried and got a nice, not too aggressive non skid surface that is tough as nails and relatively cool on the feet.<br />The 85 V4 is back to life after sitting in the sun for five years. New carb kits, impellar, stats, fuel lines, and a VRO bypass. It ran really great.<br />This motor has been very reliable and never has failed to get us out an back. The gelcoat is in need of a restore job, but that is another story.<br />We're just gonna run the heck out of it this summer I've been working on it since last August and am ready for some payback.<br />After mountains of rotted wood, foam dust and crums, fiberglass dust, and goop getting all over me, it is sure is fun to get out on the lake.<br />H90

SoulWinner

Commander

Hungry Howie's is a regional pizza place. I don't know how they stay open. I don't like anything on their menu.

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hay horse I live in Phoenix and Lake Pleasant is just 20 Minutes away. Love the lake but gets pretty crowded. Nice job on the boat.

phatmanmike

Captain

i worked at howies for 9 years, they have awsome food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />how could you not like anything in their menu?<br />hmmmmm

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Horse,<br /><br />How about a couple of more pictures of the boat???

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, I'll try to get a few more up.<br /><br />H90

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Martien,<br />She is fun to drive. Pointer, here are some more pics. Martien, Those Mohagany Runabouts are awesome!<br /><br />
beams.jpg
back%20panel.jpg
brrrace.jpg
last%20look.jpg
brace.jpg
seats.jpg
daboat.jpg
newboat.jpg

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Nice clean job, bet she is stiff as a railroad tie in seas. What did you use to secure the stringers? Was this hull prone to alot of flexing? Wondering about the supports you glassed in. Did you make those flip seats yourself. Very cool.. :)

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pointer,<br />I glued the stringers in with West Sys 404 High density filler. I filletet and tabbed the corners.<br />Tied them to the hull with Biaxial tape and ran tape up and over the top of the stringers too. All wood was encapsulated with epoxy resin. A boat builder friend suggested adding the supports to stiffin it up. I don't know if it had a flexing problem, (he said all these type of boats flop around as they bounce down the lake) but it sure doesn't now. We had quite a discussion about it since I had to fabricate the braces and calculate the curve of the hull with a ruler and marker in one inch increments. I also tied the kick panels and the back cover side panels to the hull with fillets and tape. She is a railroad tie! and I swear she's a good 5mph faster<br />The seats are just 2x4's mitered into a box shape with 1/2 inch ply bottoms, and painted with evercoat. They are bolted to the deck via epoxied in brass insterts (deck) and stainless steel bolts through the boxes on the inside. They were made so the seats fit snug on top and are held on with just a brass hinge. They are great for storing all manner of little things like the nav light, dock lines, tools etc.<br />H90