Uaw

penst8grad

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Uaw

I love people that buy new cars. I can buy their trade-ins for cheap because they have already paid the depreciation for me!

Same here. Haven't bought new yet. Wife has a '03 Jeep that we bought in '05 with under 20K mi and I have a '99 F150 we bought in '02.

I still might pull the trigger on the F150 diesel when it comes out though. The fuel savings may come close enough to balancing out the higher payment.

Plus, Daddy needs a new truck to pull the boat :cool:

Ultimately I think it's a failure of schools to teach even basic economics anymore. Many don't understand that you cannot spend your way to prosperity.

tommays

Admiral

I do real well buying new

You take a base Silverado work truck for 19000(-GM card generaly 2500 dollars and rebates) and keep it for 8 to 10 years it is pretty hard to do better going used

Tommays

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class

New is better on some models like tommays says. We purchased a new 2006 Chevy ext cab at the end of 2006 for a thousand more than used. Full warranty and we keep them until they fall apart. Our 3/4 and ton service trucks we purchase used repaint and save a bunch of money.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hopefully, NONE of the money I paid for my new Toyota Sienna will go to the UAW. Not one stinking penny. The UAW has caused more harm to the US auto industry that all the import companies combined.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

The predicament of the auto industry is the fault of management, not the UAW.........;)

Bigprairie1

Commander

I wouldn't buy any car newer than 1979. That was about the last year that I know how to work on. If you get an older car or truck and fix it up right you will have twice the car at half the cost. And now days no mater what it says on the hood over half the parts in it came from outside of the USA. If people would stop buying junk they might stop makeing junk. I have a 1978 Ford F-250 with over 300,000 miles on it and if I wanted to put about $1,500 in it {$5000 if I wanted to make it look pretty}, it would go another 300,000. It was built back when they built real cars, not throw away junk. Finally a thread I can sink my teeth in too,,,,,let me go get them out of the cup in the bathroom....ANIMAL :D

Animal...wow, you don't even come close on this one I think. The vehicles from the late 70's were nearly pure crap. A era of 90% lemons. You would have to pay me to buy anything from about 1974 to 1990-95'. It is still a hole that the big three are trying to dig themselves out of. I have a couple of old classis vehicles ('66/'72') and I won't even enter a conversation that describes them as better than new cars because simply...they are not. They are cool...and they have more soul....but they definitely are not and never will be...'better' vehicles.