Trouble with bi-focals- update - I failed !!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Trouble with bi-focals- update - I failed !!

My Optimist (thats what I call hin) told me to get progressives this year. I thought no way!<br />My daughter is his dispensing optomitrist so she talked me into them. I hated them for 3 months, now I won't be without the things. I have a pair of single lenses with clip on sunglasses and use them for fishing and long distance driving. But I have to carry my progressives with me. I can only guess that next year I'll need a stronger pair so am glad to be getting used to them today!<br />Ross

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Been wearing progressive lenses for 5 years now. I still hate them. But the alternatives are worse. I still need to take them off for threading needles or checking electronic pc boards. Agrivating.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

They said they would make me a pair of line bifocals, or a separate set of reading glasses, whatever I wanted. <br />Plan is to try regular bifocals next time.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been wearing glasses for 45 years and no-lines for about 5 years. I thank my lucky stars for them. Imagine what I'd miss without 'em. Bifocals do take some getting used to. I have a pair of single visions for watching tv or stuff like that. Otherwise, I'm in my no-lines. It is no big deal now that I'm used to them. Took about a year. I have to take them off to tie on a hook. Good luck.

NYMINUTE

Captain

My arms just got too short to read. 10 years of bi-focals, they still suck, but thankful for their existance.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Better your arms than..... something else.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Better your arms than..... something else.
LOL at your statement but with me it became something else. Got my first set of glasses 6 years ago. Noline... missed the rung on a ladder comming off a roof in 2000. <br /><br />Have hated them ever since putting them on. Going to try lined type next year!<br />Luck to ya

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

ouch !!!