Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

tallcanadian

Captain
Didn't realize that I hadn't shared any photos on this thread....I got the 'tron back together and on the water. Hoping to complete the interior next year. The cheap seats I threw in it aren't nearly padded enough!

Great looking boat. You done good. Does it have a sticker on it? lol

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Here is my tri hull :)

Attachments

• photo233735.JPG
    photo233735.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo233736.JPG
    photo233736.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo233737.JPG
    photo233737.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 2

tallcanadian

Captain
Didn't realize that I hadn't shared any photos on this thread....I got the 'tron back together and on the water. Hoping to complete the interior next year. The cheap seats I threw in it aren't nearly padded enough!

What speed did you get out of this? I was looking on your site at the Glastron/Mercury specs. Me thinks the numbers be fudged a little bit, as far as speed goes. I'm only comparing my MFG

redfury

Commander
I managed a meager 36 out of it. The 21P prop is dinged up and my motor is too low, so I'm getting some drag, plus I'm not sure what RPM I was at since I don't have any instrumentation in the boat yet.

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Do you know what kind of speed you get out of it?

35.8 mph by a GPS. This was 'The Boat Of My Dreams' when i first saw this 'very boat' in 1980 on my local lake. Who would have known i would end up buying it over 35 years later :)

tallcanadian

Captain
35.8 mph by a GPS. This was 'The Boat Of My Dreams' when i first saw this 'very boat' in 1980 on my local lake. Who would have known i would end up buying it over 35 years later :)

It looks great. The red looks rich. And that is a respectable speed for that motor. I have 3 cyl 65 hp Merc but can only get 28 mph by gps. I am disappointed.

KingNugz

Cadet
Hello all... so... for several months I've followed and watched in awe as everyone was showing off their tri hulls... as I was restoring mine... So... I'm proud to say... Mission Complete...

I bought a "barn find" for $100. The guy knew NOTHING about it... but I fell in love with it the second i saw it... and bought it on the spot... with the trailer included... and boy... did it need ALOT of work... so... I dedicated myself to completely restoring it... thought... at the time I knew NOTHING about boats...NOTHING! In only 6 months and $1100. dollars later... I believe... I have a UNIQUE Tri Hull...

I put in a new floor, ALL NEW wiring, All New Lights, Rebuilt the Original Motor, Restored from Oxidation, and Polished it... (plan on re-gel coating in the spring), Reupholstered all my seats, built a center console for the back seat with top and cup holders, Durbaked the floor and primed and sealed with 3 coats prior to Durabaking... and even installed a 6 panel fuse system...(which I KNOW ain't necessary but i like the safety and ability to control all aspects...ps... I am running NO shoreline power... but I'm rumming a max of 180 amps... which I'll NEVER need I Know...just wanted...INCASE)

I've got a new Pyle Marine sound system w/6, 6" round speakers and 2 12" subs along with 2 500 watt amps on a seperate battery, that is part of my winter project... as well as a c.b., the antennas, a depth finder, and a wake board tower... (But that will be removable with ease for whenever wanted)!

The last thing i am working on is a convertible top WITH aft curtains and sides... but thats the LAST thing... so... HOPE Everyone enjoys it... and PLEASE... ANY NEW BUILDERS... I'D LOVE TO HELP... message me for anything else, more detailed pics of work being did... or whatever!

P.s. I'm Definitely gonna need to get My Tri Hull Club sticker NOW! THANKS!

****... cant upload pics... will do shortly... it says there too big?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey TC is this any closer to being accepted to the club ?

Not shiny yet but getting there ... :joyous:

tallcanadian

Captain
Seriously? You write this great story and now tease us with no pics. Sheesh. Lol. Sounds like you enjoyed your build. Can't wait to see it.

redfury

Commander
Yeah, can't wait to see pics with all the build up...don't disappoint us!
Sphelps, is that paint or gel coat? WHITE!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Gell coat ... In the process of sanding and buffing now ...

rob 135

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Attachments

• photo236215.jpg
    photo236215.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1
  • photo236216.jpg
    photo236216.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1