Transom Repair-Am I Crazy!!!

record hunter

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Transom Repair-Am I Crazy!!!

The filler of areisol is only a thickener not a hardener you use the 2 part apoxy system and after you have mixed that up you stir in the filler because you need to make a thick like material you actually trowell it on on the back of my transon i grinded the bad spots even and shaped the back of the wood so I had a pretty even back I think you are making a mistake of using the mat you want to glue this wood to the back of transom a fiberglass mat is not going to help to glue up I just do not understand this method after you have glued up then use cloth. fiberglass is not a good glue up material you have to create some type of push system to push wood to transom I used a bunch of 2x4,s you push wood back to have no voids this is why you used a notched trowel and have such a thick apoxy clean off material remember fiberglass will not stick to apoxy very well

jmwj03

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys. I know what I need to do now. I do have some other questions about mat and cloth in genreal, but will start a new thread. Thanks!

jmwj03

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys. I know what I need to do now. I do have some other questions about mat and cloth in genreal, but will start a new thread. Thanks!