Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Sold the rotten glasser. Got $450 got to keep the tandem axle trailer and get to sell my smaller trailer i stand to make $150 and get a load rite tandem axle trailer

SigSaurP229

Commander
Swapping to bunks. I saved all the bunk hardware from the other trailer with the bad axle that I ended up scrapping. Hoping for another little test dip this weekend everyone consider themselves warned. I am going to try to take my GPS this time because I am REALLY curious after last time how fast this boat actually runs. I can say this I didn't have the trim set the first time I took off last time and she stood up to about a 60 degree angle. I am going to move the house battery up front that should help with the proposing a little if that doesn't fix it she is getting some smart tabs. She also sits really stern heavy anyways so the more I can move up front the better.

Probably going to remove the trailer brakes as well, and convert the front axle to strictly hubs, I have 2 good hubs laying around anyways the whole rig fully loaded out is only about 2600 lbs, which is way under the requirement for trailer brakes for the Expedition. I am only at about 30% of tow capacity on the Expy and about 50% of trailer capacity.

Even worst case scenario, I have to tow the boat with the wife's Pacifica I am only about 75% of capacity on her Pacifica too so no worries there either.

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
Ladies and gentleman the silver lining is closer to an airplane than a boat. With myself my wife my sister full tank of gas it runs 53 mph hour at 5700 rpms. The hole shot is ridiculous video may or may not have been taken depending on who wants to see it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Next time I'm down that way I want a ride in the Silver Bullet:
spies_like_us-300x154.jpg

53mph w/ a helluva a hole shot is screaming in an 18ft tinny

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If I qualify, I want to see the vid, Sig. :lol: She must go like stink. :D

dozerII

Admiral
Wow that SS screams across the water with that Yammy on her. Congrats Sig.

SigSaurP229

Commander
I am going to have to put tabs on her. She rides great with 3 people on her but with just 1 person and gas she is absolutely uncontrollable. Just for comparison we decided to run the Silver lining and my sisters 750cc Kawasaki jet ski side by side after the hole shot the silver lining was ahead by a football field in about 3 seconds and widening by half a football field every 2 seconds that was at 3/4 throttle at wot the boat went airborne and i had to back off.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Good lord....another screamer!! What wouldnt pay to see agua's chief and sig's ss race :madgrin: Great job man! :thumb:

SigSaurP229

Commander
Ohhh and the tandem axle trailer swap was definetly worth it. She pulls noce and straight JB let me know whem you come back down we will go for a quick ride

SigSaurP229

Commander
The more I upgrade and change things the more I am loving the whole combo and setup. This is a serious setup and i am loving it now i just have to find the time to get into the finish work.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah the feeling of having a muscle boat is crazy wonderful!!! :thumb:

My Chief is rock solid stable at WOT, those smart tabs are awesome and make the ride so stable even in big chop, you won't regret dropping the coin on them trust me. The blemish Nauticus smart tabs are priced right too under 100 clams. :joyous:

I just got back from the lake and had a wonderful cruise with the admiral. Funny watching all those foundering under powered rotten glassers wallowing about... :heh:

So tell me Sig does the wild acceleration scare your admiral too? :D