Tilt trim switch wiring

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well got it out on water today. Run great about 30mph no issues. Then bam fell on it's face. Paddling back lol fun fun I believe I'm having carb issues just took them apart and the bowls are full of gunk and trash ehhh. Live you learn

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Also if I pull the hood off while in the water there is water down at the bottom. Not up to the engine just a small amount at the very bottom is this normal or maybe an I having issues there to

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just to be more clear on my current issue. Choke is fixed it had to be adjusted in the bracket and now works perfectly. So when I took it out today. It started off amazing ran great. Jumped right up on plane maybe 25 30mph. Trim the engine up a little opened it back up and stared off great then cut off and would not start back. Let set for a few while paddling back to ramp. Tried starting again and it fired up went full throttle to ramp and other boats caused me to have to throttle down and it died again would not start almost like it's flooding.Got it home took carbs apart just removed the bowls and they are full of trash and gunk pretty bad. Could this have caused my issue. Thanks In advance

Nordin

Commander
Yes, the bowls need to be clean.... no gunk.
Read through your thread and seams you have had to clean out the carbs more then one time.
I would suggest you to clean out the whole fuel system, from the tank through the fuel line and fuel pump then in to the carbs.
Put a clear inline fuel filter between the fuel pump and the carbs.
Much easier to troubleshoot and you can se if it has fuel to the carbs and you have another second filter for the fuel.
There is a screen filter in the inlet cap of the fuel pump.

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
Man; clean those carbs!! Set those floats to specs-very important and install see through fuel filter before the carbs-and off your go. That choke thing is a head scratcher-had it happen to me lol

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know I've cleaned the whole system carbs and screen. Think I found problem. All I had was a six gallon plastic jug. Found 12g used metal jug appears clean. Sloshed gas around before installing and looked good. Took cap off looked down and tons of rust floating around in it

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
You got a water/fuel separator? How olds the gas in the tank? Have you inspected the fuel lines and connectors? Vent?

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
Yeah, rust=bad news in or on anything. But you may have to REALLY clean the entire fuel system now cause a particle the size of a grain of sand or even smaller can block carb passages from functioning correctly

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
The entire fuel system has to be cleaned; if it was up to me-good luck

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Gonna work on it tonight and tomorrow night after work. When I'm cleaning the carbs should I take them completely apart as last time I cleaned them I just removed all three bowls and cleaned out with carb and choke cleaner. Cleaned the whole carbs down and soaked them over night in seafoam.

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
You mentioned setting floats to spec. I haven't removed the floats. There was a little spring were the screw goes into were the bowl hooks up. Took that out and cleaned up inside the as good as I could last time I cleaned the carbs

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
Yes the floats have to be set to specs as per your manual; when upside down they have to be level and drop has to be so they don’t touch the carb body-the spring makes sure the pin operates properly. Clean them and blow them out with compressed air.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, rust=bad news in or on anything. But you may have to REALLY clean the entire fuel system now cause a particle the size of a grain of sand or even smaller can block carb passages from functioning correctly
Fram G-2 G-3 G-12 what ever fits your fuel line.
All 3 are good small particle filters.

I installed a G-2 on a travel lift that was plagued with fuel delivery problems. It worked great until someone tried burning water instead of gas :(