Tilt trim switch wiring

NJboatdude

Cadet
Try using a jumper wire from the solenoid to the choke as jerry suggested. Did your previous motor have a keyed choke? Make sure your key switch has push to choke and the wire or terminal from that should connect to the green wire coming out of the engine or engine harness.

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
My key did work I got it wired up right now but it just won't kick in. It will if I give it a little help by hand while my wife is pushing the key.

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok so I finally got to out the boat I. The water today. The boat will not get on plane and only goes about 15 mph. Not sure what my issues are now. Any help or suggestions

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
If it works a little? then loosen the screws and take it apart and clean the choke. Then reinstall and adjust.

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Will do I'm gonna will try that tonight. I'm gonna take the carbs off and clean them after work. Will do the choke at same time. Found a hole in the diaphragm on fuel pump. So I'm waiting on it to come in. Thanks for advice

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm really hoping that fixes my problem. The prop looks good on it. Runs great out of the water on ears and in a bucket

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I just got done install new diaghram on fuel pump. Starts easier and idles alot smoother in ears gonna try and put it in the water tommorow. I will keep you posted

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
Be patient and listen to Jerryjerry05; he knows these engines. He helped me with mine. Keep in mind he cannot see what you’re looking at so being as descriptive as possible is key to getting the best advise. When you finally do dial it in …great feeling and the knowledge gained…priceless!

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
I will let y'all know how it goes and your right he is very knowledgeable. May be this evening before I can put it in fingers crossed.Also after I installed diaphragm it was idle way high. I followed force power I believe is his name's post on the linkage setup and man does that thing crank and sound so much better now. Alot of y'all have really help me get this old moter going.Thanks again

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
I will let y'all know how it goes and your right he is very knowledgeable. May be this evening before I can put it in fingers crossed.Also after I installed diaphragm it was idle way high. I followed force power I believe is his name's post on the linkage setup and man does that thing crank and sound so much better now. Alot of y'all have really help me get this old moter going.Thanks again
Yup lots of good folks on this site who are very helpful-you’re definitely on the right track

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've done alot of car mechanic. So I've get the concept some what. This is my second boat. My boat had no issues. This boat was a complete rebuild new floors interior new moter so it has been a challenge but all in all it has been fun.

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
I’ve got some spare parts floating around so if you’re hitting a wall-reach out and I may have it lol

Poormansboating

Petty Officer 1st Class
Knock on wood lol So far I haven't had to much trouble finding parts for either of the two forces I've had although people say you can't find parts for them. My problem is paying for them. Got a pay to play though.

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
Yup-I just picked up a inflatable dinghy and getting it ready for a 2.5 hr trip to rainbow river Florida -my mom lives there so I’ll just keep it there along with a couple of low hp motors and a trolling…problem is she doesn’t know it yet lol