Thrifty Table saw....

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Thrifty Table saw....

i was told to get a chop saw? 10" miter , would be more efficient , so iwas told ,dont know first hand, ended up putting in tile it was cheaper and more durable.

eeboater

Commander

Alrighty! I read up a lot on the Pergo install and everyone who said the Miter saw would be used a LOT --- they we'ren't kidding!. I didn't think about the fact that you have to cut the flooring strip into 2/3 of what the previous row was at. So, I've decided to go with a Compound Miter saw and rent the table saw.<br /><br />I'm happy with this decision.<br /><br />Sean

one more cast

Captain

I just bought that table saw at home Depot for $86 . I will see if it will rip treated 2x's tomorrow after I get it together.

one more cast

Captain

Cheapy saw update... while unpacking my new saw I was having doubts on weather this thing was even worth $86. Well after trying it out I am quite impressed, The whole thing only weights about 75 pounds so its easy to move to where you want it plus it rips wet treated 2x4's with ease.I think it will be a good saw for home projects.

Link

Rear Admiral

Yup these new direct drive saws are a wonder.<br />When they first came out with them in the 70's they had no power and were so loud you could hear them a block away. Different story today.