THOUGHT'S OF THE DAY !

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: THOUGHT'S OF THE DAY !

Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.<br /><br />(unknown...but one of my favourites)

NOSLEEP

Commander

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938, H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944 (London: Widenfeld and Nicolson, 1953, p. 425-426).

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

This isn't really a quote but something I tell my customers. While working on refrigeration equipment the customer will ask "Problems"? ,I'll cheerfully reply"NO, challenges".

tylerin

Commander

Its better to burp and taste it then fart and waste it ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual porstitutes."-- John Swinton, Chief of Staff New York Times, 1953

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."<br /><br />-Mother Teresa

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

A ship is safest when it's sitting in the harbor, but that's not what it was designed for.

NOSLEEP

Commander

If there is one thing upon this earth that mankind love and admire better than another, it is a brave man, -- it is the man who dares to look the devil in the face and tell him he is a devil.<br />- -- James A. Garfield<br /><br />Congratulations America & George W Bush.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I could have played pro baseball if it wasn't for my lack of talent.

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ignorance is bliss, thats why i'm so happy<br /><br />skee***<br /><br /><br />and too my kids who always want something... why don't you want in one hand and s#*t in the other and see which one fills up first

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

"It is folly to let the fruit of one's labor be served to a freeloader by a self-serving politician in order that he illustrate the deeds he has done in the name of society."<br />Me :p

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Here's two..<br /><br />Never argue with a fool... People may not be able to tell the difference...<br /><br />Never argue with a fool... They will drag you down to their<br />level, then beat you with experience...

EFIS

Seaman Apprentice

Homer no function, Beer well without ...<br /><br />The Simpsons

achris

More fish than mountain goat

"Why, oh why, didn't I take the blue pill?"<br /><br />Joe Pantoliano... (as 'Cypher' in "The Matrix")