This is too much...

eeboater

Commander
Re: This is too much...

Fins to the Left.<br /><br />Fins to the Right.<br /><br />And I'm the only bait in Town!<br /><br /><br />Mr. Buffett :D

Originally posted by L.I. Chuck:<br />[QB] technstupeedo,<br /><br />Tell me again about DDT not killing mosquitos. I understand........you're from California.<br /><br />What in blue blazes does where I live have to do with DDT. The plain fact is that DDT is a residual poison. It is dispelled very slowly. Especially when ingested by humans. When DDT is used to eradicate mosquitoes they become immune very rapidly and as a matter of fact come to thrive on it. This has nothing to do with environmentalists. Believe who you choose. Do you have stock in the manufacture of DDT?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"I see where even Bush in his speech to the G9 acknowledged that global warming exists, and that it is a problem, and due at least in part to human activity". PW2<br /><br />"He did say we were not going to do anything about it, however." PW2<br /><br /><br />DI never listen too closely to anything George W. says, he is a fruitcake when it comes to science or speaking at all for that matter. <br /><br />For example: "Nucular", drives me crazy to hear him say it.<br /><br />Example #2: "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." —George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005<br /><br />#3:"I cut the taxes on everybody. I didn't cut them. The Congress cut them. I asked them to cut them." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004<br /><br />#4"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005 <br /><br />There are a million of them!<br /><br />I do not call myself a conservative or liberal, but Bush is an idiot. I cannot believe he is even allowed to speak. When finished in the WH, perhaps stand-up will be a good fit for him.<br /><br />By the way, science is divided on global warming. These cycles have been ongoing long before man came to be.<br /><br />Just my opinion,<br />John

PW2

Commander

Ok, JB, just what exactly are we doing to decrease greenhouse gasses?<br /><br />And what evidence do you have that it would be an economic hardship for this country, let alone lead to a depression? Who do you think does the science, engineering and manufacturing of state of the art pollution control? We do. We can't compete with the Chinese on TV's and furniture and the like, but we can compete in new technology. We have companies already supplying hydrogen technology to Europe.<br /><br />At least we have Bush finally admitting that global warming may well exist, which is a quantum leap for him. Kyoto may well not be perfect, no doubt. But it is important, and has been important, to our European allies. Now is the time for the US, if they are serious, to offer something better to the world than what Kyoto did, and mend some European fences.<br /><br />He did not do that, and missed an opportunity.<br /><br />And if you accept the notion that this is a serious problem, and most science on the subject is compelling in that regard, then some economic hardship is not a good enough excuse for inaction when the very planet could be at stake.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm not about to explain either GW's energy bill or the details of the Kyoto accord, PW2.<br /><br />Look 'em up.

D

DJ

PW2 wrote. <br /><br />
Ok, JB, just what exactly are we doing to decrease greenhouse gasses?<br />
And---what are you doing?<br /><br />Kyoto is about the transfer of power/wealth and has NOTHING to do with airborne pollutants. <br /><br />One volcano puts out more airborne pollutants than all of mankind in recorded history.<br /><br />The US is the GREENEST country on the planet.<br /><br />Wake up.

JRJ

Commander

If there isn't any wind, we feed 'em DDT (that we can't sell) or re-claimed oil that has been spilled. They like Amsoil and taters, but any oil will do. The birds like the smell, but can't see those 20 foot blades, so we just add them to the soup that we send to the saw mill for hog fuel:p Can you hear me now?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by yingling-j:<br /> I do not call myself a conservative or liberal, but Bush is an idiot. I cannot believe he is even allowed to speak.
John,<br /><br />I only have three problems with this:<br /><br />1) He graduated from Yale<br /><br />2) He has a Masters from Harvard<br /><br />3) They don't let idiots fly fighter jets<br /><br />I also think he is a pretty cruddy speaker and his body language doesn't do him justice. The fact is that you have been sucked into believing the leftist propaganda about his intelligence, but they can't have it both ways; Harvard and Yale are great institutions and GW is an idiot :confused: . How can both be true? His speaking style makes him an easy target, but Yogi Berra is loved and George is hated . . . hmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, must give us pause. How much intelligence is involved in flying a jet airplane? How many martinis does it take to dimininsh that intellegence? If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it is probably a duck. It is 5:30 somewhere. :D :D :D As to media perception: Who is the least intelligent, Gore or Bush? You decide.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by DJ:<br /><br /><br />The US is the GREENEST country on the planet.<br /><br />Wake up.
hate to contradict you DJ but if the US is the greenest country on the planet how come you guys drive so many V8's?

JRJ

Commander

Nos4r2, I only have 6's but why a V-8 when there are V-10's and V-12's? Why is there a speed limit? Checked the milage on your boat lately? I saw diesel here for $2.75 a gallon today. I know that is still a bargain over there, but thats expensive for here. I'm not sure what this has to do with wind generators or GWB :p :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Because the big v8 "gas guzzlers" are seen in Europe as an icon of excess and squandering valuable resources.<br />A 6 is comparitively rare over here in any country. 90% are 4's-and any less than 30mpg is seen as bad gas mileage. <br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I don't really care as long as I can run my boat, but it really makes me laugh when I hear someone from the US say that the US is green.<br /><br />Incidentally,,France produces less greenhouse emissions than Britain, even though it's 3 times the size. Amazing what a difference nuclear power makes!

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There is only one reason GW attended the Universities he attended, "the good ol boy network." The universities are top notch, but not just for the intelligent. The other way of getting in is through money, and dad had plenty of that. <br /><br />GW never flew in combat, nor would it ever have happened. I agree with you, they do not allow idiots to fly, at least not in combat and GW never flew in combat. He says some very stupid things, and that does not happen due to great intelligence nor just a poor ability to speak. <br /><br />Yogi is loved, but he is not running our country. He can use poor grammar, key phrases, or anything else for that matter. GW is the President of our country. I, as well as many others would like to see him speak and conduct himself with the intelligence you believe he has quietcat.<br />Is that too much too ask from our President???<br /><br />John

PW2

Commander

JB,<br /><br />Drilling in ANWR is going to solve global warming how?<br /><br />There are some good things in the energy bill no doubt. (ANWR isn't one of them) Unfortunately, the Republicans who are in power and get to decide such things, insist on packaging them altogether with the bad parts of it, and forcing an all or nothing outcome. If those are the choices, I choose nothing. The bad is simply too bad to justify what is good in it.<br /><br />If anyone was serious about getting anything done with this, they would break it up and have an up or down vote on each provision on its own--and we would get vastly better legislation to boot in the long run.

Twidget

Commander

If you think about it on the engines, the V8 is held to the same PPM standard as an I4. Therefore a V8 actually must burn cleaner to pass the emissions tests.<br /><br />I think PW2 has hit the nail on the head. The wind farm owners are obviously conservatives trying to make a buck in an environmentally friendly way. Then, here comes the center for biological diversity and wants to shut them down. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Nos4r2:<br />
Originally posted by DJ:<br /><br /><br />The US is the GREENEST country on the planet.<br /><br />Wake up.
hate to contradict you DJ but if the US is the greenest country on the planet how come you guys drive so many V8's?
Just to make you Brits jealous of your quarelsome cousins. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> If you think about it on the engines, the V8 is held to the same PPM standard as an I4. Therefore a V8 actually must burn cleaner to pass the emissions tests.<br /><br />I think PW2 has hit the nail on the head. The wind farm owners are obviously conservatives trying to make a buck in an environmentally friendly way. Then, here comes the center for biological diversity and wants to shut them down. :)
PW ought to ask his buddy Teddy why he won't allow such an environmentally friendly technology is his back yard.

JRJ

Commander

Originally posted by Nos4r2:<br /> Because the big v8 "gas guzzlers" are seen in Europe as an icon of excess and squandering valuable resources.<br />A 6 is comparitively rare over here in any country. 90% are 4's-and any less than 30mpg is seen as bad gas mileage. <br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I don't really care as long as I can run my boat, but it really makes me laugh when I hear someone from the US say that the US is green.<br /><br />Incidentally,,France produces less greenhouse emissions than Britain, even though it's 3 times the size. Amazing what a difference nuclear power makes!
Where I live, its really green and our power is hydro-electric. I'm not saying that a V-8 gets better milage than a 4-banger, but Detroit and Japan have really improved them. By the way, the last V-12 I saw was in a BMW from Europe. Was that just for the American market? I'm doing my best with a V-6 gas and a straight 6 diesel and a 1 cylinder lawn mower :D but I think I'll hop up the diesel :cool: