The worst day of my life

NathanY

Commander
Yesturday at 6:30a.m. my father had a massive brain hemmorage. He was taken to Harris Methodist in Fort Worth. The doctors and nurses worked on him all day to no avail. He coded 5 times throughout the day. He passed at about 8:50p.m. last night. I was not prepared for this. I have always been the tough guy of the family, but seeing my dad lay there, I just couldnt hold it in. I have alot of work to do now. Will talk to you guys later.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The worst day of my life

So sorry to hear Nate and my families thought's are with you.<br />I went through the same thing with my dad in '85 and no, you are never prepared.<br />Keep the chin up.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Nate.....sorry to hear about your loss. I know it is tough time but hang in there and our prayers are with you and your family!<br /><br />God Bless!

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Real men cry! Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of compassion. You obviously cared dearly for your Dad. Let them fall. <br /><br />"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4.

dolluper

Captain

Very sorry for your loss Nate it's an awful blow we are never prepared for Keep your chin up

KaGee

Admiral

So sorry Nate. I walked in your shoes a year and a half ago. It's a tough road for sure. Our prayers for you and your family.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear about your dad. Loosing someone you love is never easy but remember them well in your memories.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.<br />Peace<br />BPG

ehenry

Commander

Nate, know that my family's thoughts and prayers are with you. You're never prepared to lose a loved one. Take care my friend...

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nate,<br /><br />You need to know there are people praying for you and your family. Understand that you are not alone during this time. Allow God to work through those around you that will strive to comfort and console you. It is His way to be with you. My dad and I fish a lot together. After he died in 1985, I would cry when I would go out in the boat. The first few times I wasn’t even able to fish. I did a lot of talking with God and my dad on the lake for many months. There are still times I think what lure or spot would he fish. Let the tears flow for there is nothing to feel less manly about. Those tears let me know how much you love your dad.<br /><br />Dear God,<br /><br />Please be with Nate and his family. Put Your comforting arms around Nate and console him. Be with his family so he doesn’t have to bear such a heavy load. Let Nate be reassured by Your love shown through others from You. We don’t understand why this happen, but allow us to accept Your time in all things. We voice this prayer in the name of Your son, Jesus.<br /><br />Amen

sangerwaker

Commander

So sorry, Nate. It is difficult when someone very close to you passes away unexpectedly. My dad died unexpectedly three years ago, too. I've been there. It's a rough ride for you and the family, but stand tall and stick together. You will get through it. And yes, real men do cry. No one will think any less of you for shedding some tears. It shows caring and compassion. Best of luck to you and the family. You'll be in my thoughts.

eeboater

Commander

Nate, Sorry to hear about your Dad. <br /><br /><br />My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.<br /><br /><br />Sean

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nate it is never easy, went through it this spring. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Tears are a good thing they help you heal. I'm sorry for you loss. Keep looking up and hold on to God he knows your hurting and your not alone. Hold onto your family let them know you need them also they may feel the same way that they need to be tough for you but they need to let their feelings out also<br />we will say prayers for you.<br />serenity

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Very sorry Nate. Cry all you need to dude, that's what you're supposed to do. All my best.

Twidget

Commander

I am very sorry to hear about you Dad Nate. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. <br /><br />If there is anything I can do, let me know. I live a little south of FT. Worth. twidget53@_hotmail.com. Remember to remove the _.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nate, my sincerest condolences. Losing a loved one so quickly must be hard. Keep the faith.