The worst day of my life

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: The worst day of my life

Nate, it's like the roof is gone, but he's watching you, now and in the future....<br />Strength for you and the ones near to you.<br />Frank

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Do what feels right to you, not what you think looks right. Cry if you want, it has helped me many times.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry for your loss. I know in time the good memories will take over but for now it's tough, hang in there .

magster65

Commander

I'm very sorry.<br />Remember all the good things Nate. It'll keep him with you. <br />Best wishes to you and yours.

NOSLEEP

Commander

A ship sails and I stand<br />watching till she fades on the<br />horizon,and someone at my<br /> side says, " She is gone".<br />Gone where? Gone from my<br />sight, that is all. She is just as<br /> large as when I saw her...<br />The diminished size and total<br /> loss of sight is in me, not in<br />her, and just at the moment<br /> when some one at my side<br />says, "She is gone", there are <br />others who are watching her<br /> coming,and other voices<br />take up a glad shout, "there <br />she comes"!<br /><br /> B Brent.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Nate,<br />Went through the same thing 5+ years ago. Mom&Dad were out of state on vacation I got the phone call, got on a plane a short time later, Dad was gone before my plane took off. Family, friends and faith will guide you through this. It su**s, it hurts and there is nothing you can do to change it, but it will get better, hang in there Nate.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nate, I can emphasize with you as we lost our father not long ago also. The following helped:<br /><br /> Footprints <br /><br />One night I had a dream--<br />I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord <br />and across the sky flashed scenes from my life. <br />For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints, <br />one belonged to me and the other to the Lord. <br />When the last scene of my life flashed before me,<br />I looked back at the footprints in the sand.<br />I noticed that many times along the path of my life,<br />there was only one set of footprints.<br />I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest<br />and saddest times in my life. <br />This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it. <br />"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,<br />you would walk with me all the way,<br />but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life<br />there is only one set of footprints. <br />"I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,<br />you should leave me." <br />The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,<br />I love you and I would never, never leave you<br />during your times of trial and suffering. <br />"When you saw only one set of footprints,<br />it was then that I carried you."<br /><br />...Mary Stevenson

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

"TAPS"<br />Day is done, gone the sun,<br />From the hills, from the lake,<br />From the sky.<br />All is well, safely rest,<br />God is nigh.<br /><br />Go to sleep, peaceful sleep,<br />May the soldier or sailor,<br />God keep.<br />On the land or the deep,<br />Safe in sleep.<br /><br />Love, good night, Must thou go,<br />When the day, And the night<br />Need thee so?<br />All is well. Speedeth all<br />To their rest.<br /><br />Fades the light; And afar<br />Goeth day, And the stars<br />Shineth bright,<br />Fare thee well; Day has gone,<br />Night is on.<br /><br />Thanks and praise, For our days,<br />'Neath the sun, Neath the stars,<br />'Neath the sky,<br />As we go, This we know,<br />God is nigh.<br /><br />May your personal savior be with you and your family in these trying times. The Boatman family extends its most heartfelt condolences and our prayers will go out to you and your family.<br />In Deepest Sympathies,<br />Jeff, Jill, Christina, and Max

fireman57

Captain

Nate, just saw this on another post. I do hurt for your loss. Left a message on the other post. This forum is amazing. Most of the posters here are like myself and have never talked to you or laid eyes on you but feel a good friends loss. I was the tough guy in our family too. Guess what? The tears felt good. Still do.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

May God be with you and your family and all the people he touched in this world. My wifes friends father also passed away unexpectedly. It is just horible.<br /><br /><br />God be with you!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Our prayers are with you and your familes, my dad had the same thing in 94 ......hang in there

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Hang in there Nate. I know it's not much help but my thoughts are with you.

FSHKPR

Ensign

i am sorry nate. will keep you in our prayers