the vice-prez debates

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: the vice-prez debates

THis morning on NBC, Chris MAtthews was livid at Cheney for saying that it was the first time he had met Edwards. He's gonna get him and expose the truth. My reaction...a chuckle at his(MAtthew's) selfrighteousness...even if Cheney knowingly told a falsehood. ;) . I could hear chuckles across the nation. They go from spin and bias to sleuths for the truth.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Cheney was obviously going for a memorable soundbite with that obviously well rehearsed line. Trying to come up with a "Senator, you're no John Kennedy" and it backfired bigtime. Good! If you're going for a memorable quote, it damwell better be true. Otherwise it makes you look stupid. That cheapshot will either die or live in infamy. But it will always make him look stupid. Or at least a bit senile. But what the heck, which is worse? Failing memory or Selective memory?<br /><br />You need to consider that before he began running for VP, Edwards was running for Pres. Kinda hard to make it to the sessions when you're not even instate for weeks or months at a time. How many sessions did Cheney miss when he was in his "undisclosed location"? Both are legitimate absences.<br /><br />By the way, have you tried this yet???<br /> http://www.factcheck.com/ :D

oddjob

Commander

If you're going for a memorable quote, it damwell better be true. Otherwise it makes you look stupid. That cheapshot will either die or live in infamy. But it will always make him look stupid. Or at least a bit senile. But what the heck, which is worse? Failing memory or Selective memory?<br />
Been working quite well for kerry an eddy. <br /><br />I never noticed the sissy boy until the dems went looking for something to put on the ballot along w kerry. :)

Ralph 123

Captain

Wives sharpen knives in running-mate fray<br />By David R. Guarino<br />Read Guarino's Road to 1600 Blog<br />Thursday, October 7, 2004<br /><br />**** Cheney and John Edwards [related, bio] had their say - but now it's their wives who are debating. <br /> <br /> Before the candidates had even left the stage in Cleveland, Elizabeth Edwards confronted Cheney on his comment that the debate was the first time he'd ever met her husband - a jab at Edwards' Senate presence, or lack thereof, during the campaign season. <br /> <br /> Vice President, are you kidding me?'' Elizabeth Edwards asked Cheney moments after the debate ended, according to her daughter, Cate. You met John at the prayer breakfast and at (Sen.) Liddy Dole's swearing in.'' <br /> <br /> Oh, yeah,'' Cheney replied, according to Cate Edwards. <br /> <br /> In fact, the vice president and senator sat next to each other at a National Prayer Breakfast in February 2001, and Edwards stood behind Dole when she was sworn in as North Carolina's other senator last January. <br /> <br /> Rather than let the matter slide, Republicans sent Cheney's outspoken wife into the fray. At a town-hall meeting event in Florida yesterday, seated next to the veep, Lynne Cheney delicately corrected the record - with a fresh zinger. <br /> <br /> I know all of us will agree, it is a really good thing to go to prayer breakfasts,'' Lynne Cheney said. But don't you think the senator ought to go to the Senate once in a while?'' <br /> <br /> **** Cheney merely chuckled and didn't address the comment. <br /> <br /> John Edwards, campaigning in Florida yesterday, tried to capitalize on the issue, saying, We have a vice president and a president who still struggle with the truth, right?'' <br /><br /> http://news.bostonherald.com/election/view.bg?articleid=47845&format=text

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

If there is any question in anyone's mind that the alphabet media is not only endorsing Kerry, but openly campaigning for him, all they need to do is look at the bogus poles they spew. And I'm glad most people are smart enough to put 2+2 together.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I knew it was coming.....it's all the liberal media's fault. Always has been, always will be.

oddjob

Commander

Cheney's LHAO at eddy, his wife and the media making a big to do....all the while there highlighting eddys poor senate record...<br /><br /><br />Very Clever D I C K !...you da man!<br /><br /> :D he, Heeeee!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> I knew it was coming.....it's all the liberal media's fault. Always has been, always will be.
Without liberals, there would be no liberal media. Let's place blame where it belongs.