the vice-prez debates

knobby

Chief Petty Officer
Re: the vice-prez debates

Cheney's memory is bad,<br />On Feb. 1, 2001, the vice president thanked Edwards by name at a Senate prayer breakfast and sat beside him during the event.<br /><br />On April 8, 2001, Cheney and Edwards shook hands when they met off-camera during a taping of NBC's "Meet the Press," moderator Tim Russert said Wednesday on "Today."<br /><br />On Jan. 8, 2003, the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied Elizabeth Dole to her swearing-in by Cheney as a North Carolina senator, Edwards aides also said.<br /><br />Edwards didn't forget their prayer-breakfast meeting. The Democratic vice presidential candidate noted the discrepancy at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park, calling it an example of Cheney "still not being straight with the American people."

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Fox news is indicating that Cheney won. I don't put my faith in any one source so I will check with Dan Rather for his HONEST spin.

tylerin

Commander

Knobby I just don't think it was that memorable ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

knobby,<br /><br />Don't you think that as chairman of the senate (Cheney), they would have met within the past 60 days? The fact that Cheney doesn't remember him just indicates that John wasn't all that memorable or available.?

Elk Chaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think it was a draw but I did not watch the whole thing... They made me too tired.<br /><br /><br />Neither one made me feel comfortable, I had the distinct feeling from Cheeney that he wanted to kick Edwards *** after school. So to speak.<br /><br />Edwards was just rehashing Kerry's points from the previous debte for the most part..... Nothing new to say. <br /><br />Cheeney was too busy trying to make up for Bush's mess from the previous debate, that was way too obvious to me.

oddjob

Commander

Cheney's memory is bad,
Cheney doesnt remember because maybe he didnt know who he was if and when he met him. Which would make some sense because eddy is routinely absent from most senate functions.<br /><br />My mother and wife remind me of things and people <br />that I forgot aabout all the time. So what. Thats a real biggie there, huh?.... ?....BLinK!BLinK!BLinK!......BLinK!BLinK!BLinK!..BLinK!BLinK!.........BLinK! <br /><br />Hey, maybe cheney really does remember...funny ....or maybe he just wanted to highlight the fact that the media will instantly correct an inaccuracy from a republican, but wont ever bother to correct the lies spewed daily from their beloved libs (Harkington)sp.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

mods, please poof the giant pic (sorry geelboom),<br />makes it really hard to read thread...<br /><br />ditto aspeck, did they watch the same thing we did?<br />are people stupid enuff to actually believe these<br />folks???<br />MY am so confused...<br /><br />whether they met or not isn't the point, edwards<br />attendance record is.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

MY,<br /><br />Style over substance, welcome to America!!!

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> ....mods, please poof the giant pic (sorry geelboom),<br />makes it really hard to read thread...<br /><br />
Amen. Please Poof it. <br /><br /><br />Anyway, at least these two were allowed to call each other out a bit, and to speak directly to each other. I think you could see that Cheney was there to defend Bush, but that is his job. He stated facts, not fantasies. The Democrats have a plan for everything, but will not elaborate on it.<br /><br />"We have a plan. We will double the number of special forces, buy all the senior citizens prescription drugs, increase the funding for education, increase the funding for AIDS research, send BILLIONS to foreign countries to get them to like us again, and, Oh, Yeah, we will balance the budget."<br /><br />HOW????????

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The post has been deleted.<br /><br />Geelboom, please edit your profile and remove your avatar until it meets the size limit of approx 100x100.

Ralph 123

Captain

Kerry consoles Edwards after VP debate<br /><br />
1169210JohnsKiss.jpg

gaugeguy

Captain

Why do you see more pictures of Johnny-boy being intimate with Edwards than you do of him and Theresa :confused:

oddjob

Commander

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!...yuk!<br /><br />Watch your back Ralph, the kerry camp might want to sue you fir the egative campaign ad. :rolleyes:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

yur killin MY Ralph! :D ... too funny!<br />GG, have u seen their partners?

gaugeguy

Captain

You're right MY, John Edwards is much better looking than Theresa :D eeeeewwwwww :p

oddjob

Commander

Back on point. <br /><br />Look at that pic above.^ Does it really look like they won the debate here?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

turning wheel hard... ok back on the road now.<br /><br />Chenny was mr. cool last night. he had absolutely<br />no respect/worries talking to the kid, with good<br />reason IMO. the 2 are LIGHTYEARS apart on personal<br />qualifications to be VP! was like sitting at a<br />board meeting and edwards was that cardboard cut<br />out guy who sells software on those commercials...<br />"so, how much software do u wanna buy today?<br />he's a show pony, not a workhorse.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cheney & Edwards Mangle Facts: <br /><br />If you're interested in getting the straight story on some of the candidates answers last night, check out the folllowing article at FactCheck.org (a nonpartisan site dedicated to separating fact from spin). <br /> <br /> http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=272