The God Gap.

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: The God Gap.

Very interesting read Boomyal!<br /><br />Ill make a statement that will raise a few eyebrows, which is my personal belief!!!<br /><br /> It is absolutly imposible to vote on the Democratic ticket and be a Christian.<br /><br /> <br />The Liberal, Democratic agenda is diametrically apposed to the Christian faith!!

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

newsmax.com isn't exactly unbiased reporting...<br /><br />I think you all have to admit that!

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

If the democrats want to lure these people as stated in this quote.<br /><br /> "Sullivan thinks the 2004 Democrats are finding "ways to acknowledge the importance of religion," luring religious moderates without alienating secularists." <br /><br />Here is a tip. Do what you always do. Lie.

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by unixgeek13:<br /> newsmax.com isn't exactly unbiased reporting...<br /><br />I think you all have to admit that!
Biased reporting? Never heard of such a thing! :p :D <br /><br />Interesting read. Thanks!

PW2

Commander

When thinking for oneself is involved, democrats win.<br /><br />When rigid dogmatic beliefs is involved, and no individual thinking is required, republicans win.<br /><br />No question about it, I agree completely.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> When thinking for oneself is involved, democrats win.
Sure Pw, we know. Progressive = Smart. Hillary told us so. :p

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

I do not consider the ten comandments as an example rigid and dogmatic. I consider those a recipe for a peaceful and respectful society.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Seems to me the only group making a political issue out of religion, and the lack of religion by some, are the conservative republicans... <br /><br />Wonder why that is? :confused: What is the religious right soooooo afraid of? Come on, you can tell ol' snapper.. I promise I won't laugh.. Well, not too much anyway.... What? Yall' think the mean ol'liberal unaffiliated non-believing democratic boggie-men are somehow going to take God away from you? Is that it? <br /><br />It's in the constitution, boys and girls... "Freedom of, and or from, religion", which ever way you care to read it today... Nobody's gonna take religion away.. Democrats might tax it, maybe somehow; but they still won't take it away...<br /><br />Followers.... :rolleyes:

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

There are people being persecuted and killed all over the world for their beliefs. That is a slippery slope.<br />The constitution says "freedom of" not from. Taxation of religion would also be in violation of the constitution. You cannot have it both ways. Taxation of is a huge pot of money that the left would love to get their hands on.<br />No one is afraid. Just sticking up for rights. Apparantly only the rights that the left agrees with are tolerated.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

To be quite honest, I have absolutely no use for God or religion... For the most part, organized religion, and hearing about it all, disgusts me to the point of nausea.. Chapter and verse.. God this, and God that... <br /><br />Somehow I manage to tolerate it, and I'll gladly stick up for the rights of those who wish to practice their religion, whatever that religion may be (except muslim fundamentalists)...<br /><br />
There are people being persecuted and killed all over the world for their beliefs
Do you honestly believe democrats, or any other viable American political force, would persecute or kill you or I for our beliefs or lack there of?<br /><br />As for the taxation of religion, that was just a slap shot at my own party... As Foghorn Leghorn might say "Thats a joke Son"... :p

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Nobody thought the Nazis would get away with what they did to the Jews either. Oh thats right it never happened. The Germans thought Hitler was a whacked out kook at first too. Just ignore it long enough and strange things will happen. Being Americans does not make us immune from the evils of man.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> When thinking for oneself is involved, democrats win.<br /><br />When rigid dogmatic beliefs is involved, and no individual thinking is required, republicans win.<br /><br />No question about it, I agree completely.
I am soooo glad you said that. I was planning to spend over $100 to have manure delivered to my house to fertilize my yard. Now I won't have to.<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> <br /><br />It's in the constitution, boys and girls... "Freedom of, and or from, religion", which ever way you care to read it today...
Seems you have a problem with reality, snapper. Get a grip.<br /><br />I see quotation marks. Who or what are you quoting?<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Do you honestly believe democrats, or any other viable American political force, would persecute or kill you or I for our beliefs or lack there of?
No, not today or maybe tomorrow. What I do believe is that we will continue to see a degradation of the American Era, as it becomes more and more secularized. Whether you accept it or not, Snapperbait, this society has been going downhill, since the Liberals began to forsake God, in the early sixties.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

"Nobody's going to take religion away"? No, maybe not. Maybe ONLY the core values, the freedom to express it, the freedom to raise your children in it, etc. And once it is thoroughly ca$trated and replaced with a cheap imitation, the extremists who want it done away with will no longer feel threatened. This has been subtly and incrementally happening for years now. Mostly because the Christian community has wimped out with a bad case of indifference. Even most nominal liberals don't intend to attack religion, but the fact that it is under fire is not debatable by any honest, reasonable person who has his eyes open.<br /><br />Of course, secular humanism is also a religion, technically. That one would be OK, though, right? Or any other one which is as "un-rigid" (translated having nothing substantial to believe in except to agree to be intolerant of Judeo-Christian values as taught in the scriptures.<br /><br />We now have abortion on demand, including those up to the point of actual birth! We now have the ten commandments thrown out of courthouses. Nativity scenes may not be placed on public property. It is no longer acceptable to have prayer at graduations. The Bible and prayer have been removed from schools. Christian clubs have been banned from campuses. (If that is not religious discrimination what is?!! Any other club is OK!) Fetal tissue harvesting is actually being given serious consideration as if it were just another commodity! Parents continue to lose their rights to the state. (Kids can sue parents and divorce them) Euthanasia is now practiced in Europe where their decline is only a little ahead of ours. Only a matter of time. We follow most everything else europe does. <br /><br />No, there is no erosion of religion in America! No, the government would NEVER allow such a thing! :rolleyes: :mad: :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Dogsdad. Perhaps I should have quoted: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"? US constitution, First amendment...<br /><br />This discussion is an exercise in futility... This topic, in one way or another, has been hashed and re-hashed to the point of obsurdity... Later..<br /> :cool:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

OK. Thanks John, good read. How do I sit in your eyes? I am 100% Republican, but 0% religious. I do have reasons for that too. My father was an orphan and spent many years in catholic 'care'. he wouldn't even talk about it. <br /><br />Just want to explain something else too. In Australia we also have 2 major political parties. The Labour party and the Liberal party. Here's where it gets confusing. Our Liberal party is akin to your Republicans and the Labour party are the pinkies (Democrates). We also have a minor party that goes by the name of Democrates. They were established to 'keep the *******s honest', by a disenchanted Liberal party member about 20 years ago. Interestingly the leader of the Liberals (governing at the moment) announced about 2 weeks ago that they had passed a law forbidding gay marriage.<br /><br />Sort that lot out! <br /><br />Chris..............

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Quite a difference between "Freedom of, and or from, religion" and "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," ain't there?<br /><br />I won't let you get away with that kind of disingenuous fib, snapper. <br /><br />Spin must be much more subtle to be effective. The American public's getting wise to this kind of crap.<br /><br />By the way, your taunting is rather childish and reveals your insecurity.<br /><br />-dd-