12Footer
Fleet Admiral
Thread starter- Joined
- Mar 25, 2001
- Messages
- 8,217
I have a strange menu of TV diet that I choose from, when I find time to watch the tube.<br />I watch the 'off-center' channels,, like "The Comedy Channel"..Stuff that makes me laugh<br />-- But With offerings like "The Daily Show", I'm left with the scarce standup hours where the comedian isn't some black guy dissing white folk.(I happen to be a white guy, who got tired of laughing at myself way back when Flip Wilson had his "Comedy Hour". Now, that guy was funny! So was Red Skelton.<br /><br />I loved the History Channel because I learned stuff, and was given a depth of detail to the history I have lived (What can I say? I'm old!)<br />I like the "Discovery Science" Channel, as it teaches me stuff about this life I'm in the midst of, and the things around me...(What makes-em tick). But it has been purchased by the socialists too.<br />I USED to like "Dicovery Times" before they put the word "Times" on the end of it...Back before it was just one more indoctrination channel, equivalent to MTV without the entertainment value. <br />"Discovery Wings Channel" is still tolerable, because most of it's content was written 'pre-times buyout', but it's also dated (seen it allready).<br />It's gotten to the point where my TV is seldom turned-on ,except to catch Fox News once in a while----but then, I tire of hearing about "Lacey Peterson's body, and that of her unborn child".<br />Does anyone want to buy a slightly used sat dish?