Tell us what offends you most!!

spratt

Lieutenant
Unfortunately, it seems that there are more and more instances of what offends folks, and poor JB has to be the middle man and then take the blame for his job being done properly.<br /><br />Seems to me that if we would just HONESTLY list things ehre that offend YOU, not what YOU think offends others, that everyone can refrain from using terminology, words, terms, or jokes that do offend. <br /><br />That ok JB, to have folks do this? If not then just poof and delete this Thread altogether...<br /><br />I will start by making a list of my own:<br /><br />- Foul and vulgar language altogether (but I do not tell people to not use it if I am in an environment where I KNOW I will have to hear it)<br /><br />- I can't think of much that truly OFFENDS me, but there are lots of things that bother me<br /><br />- I guess the thing that gets me the most are people who run down churches and Ministers, yet have no affiliation with church, and actually claim agnosticism or atheism

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Tell us what offends you most!!

Racism. It's irrational for me to feel this way, since it's so rarely directed at Protestant White Males as myself. It was accepted and even encouraged during my childhood in Louisiana. Maybe it's out of shame, but I get horribly offended, sometimes out of proportion to the situation, by anything that comes close to sounding like racism.

NYMINUTE

Captain

1022.gif
<br />Thanks flatbottoms, I guess you see that theriver has become offended again. LOL<br />I personally am an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OFFENDER Nothing is safe when I get going, including me. The only thing that I find offensive is seeing my tax dollars pi$$ed away by the people we elect to represent us. It is not offensive, it is piracy. In all honesty nothing really offends me, I try to find the comedy side of everything. I really found a hoot on the sheet head thread.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

What offends me most is unadulterated bigotry.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Might have something to do with the age gauge thread, as you get older, your skin gets thinner.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Trash!<br /> Especially on the water. Not that I am a tree hugger or anything but put the sh_t where it belongs. If the trash bin at the ramp or marina is full take it home with you!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Close talkers with body odor and bad breath.<br /><br />And screen names like........... f_inscreenname Just kidding :) <br /><br />Other than that, nothing much offends me. I just accept the fact that some people are stupped or ignant. Just like some think I am stupid or ignorant.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I hate my job, I hate my Life, If it weren't for my two kids I would probably hate my exwife, I know I should move on but I can't stand the thought of losing her, I hate everything. <br /><br /><br />Its a shame when it gets to this level guys. Whatever happened to being a MAN and accepting others faults? The real problem is some just have to fight and argue over everything. I am not homosexual, I don't like homosexuals, but they don't bother me either. They do their thing and I do mine. Problem solved. Thickin up gang, let it roll off.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Hey roscoe I was here first. If you didn't like it you didn't have to stay :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

I think that when it finally boils down, and the pot has the remains of all this junk in the bottom, nearly EVERYONE will say the same thing...nothing much really offends us. Truthfully? I will put up with anything from anyone in almost ANY situation. If you come to me privately and talk about things, I will let you know if it bothers me, but PUBLICLY, I think the whiners that claim offense are just whiners that are generally troublemakers. <br /><br />Yes, this post was and is a troll, designed to let vertain folks see just how most everyone here feels about the whining of some who claim to be "offended"...and yes, it DOES go too far sometimes. I am not offended, but I do feel that the name calling gets a bit overbearing, but what do I do? Close that post and read something else!!! Just my 2-cents...<br /><br />It is AGAIN the same old thing, the little minority wants to wag the big old majority!!! And rather than let some little feelings be hurt, the dog has to be wagged...or does it? I guessit does whsn someone ELSE runs the buttons of decision..

ob

Admiral

I am offended by people who are not offended by the same things that offend me.I don't mean that in an offensive way.If you took it that way then I am offended. :cool: <br /><br />Oh,and I'm also offended by being asked what offends me. :)

Bondo

Staff member

It Offends Me........... I Can't Even Mention IT........................ :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

rauch27.gif
Thank you for not breathing while I ..........................

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Thank you for not breathing while I .........................
Alright that does it! Now I'm realy offended!
36_1_28.gif
<br /><br /><br />JK!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Stupidity offends me. Lots of ways to be stupid. <br /><br />Very little else does.<br /><br />I am offended at those people that find me offensive. :D <br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

I am offended by the offensive behavior of those that offend. I think that all offenses should be banded and outlawed, but that would be offensive, so ... what was I saying? I don't know, and it doesn't much matter.<br /><br />Have I ever been offended by something on iboats? Yes. What did I do? Closed that particular thread and moved on to another. If you take responsibility for what you read, and what you post, you can avoid a lot of hurt feelings - your own and others.

Twidget

Commander

LOL @ Ob.<br /><br />Political Correctness offends me. I am not racist, homophobic or any of the other terms that are applied to the non PC person. I do not feel anyone should be discriminated against, I also dont believe any group should be given special treatment.<br /><br />I am on the whole rather hard to offend, I believe this is because I dont spend all my time looking for something to be offended about. :)

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My son quotes a line from a movie he saw:<br /><br />"The one thing I can't stand is intolerance. And, those D*** Dutch!"