Teleflex XTREME Mechanical Steering Field Test - Exclusive offer for Forum members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhandlon

Cadet
Re: Teleflex XTREME Mechanical Steering Field Test - Exclusive offer for Forum member

well my boat isnt a cc or a toon, its a 18 foot cuddy cabin, and i just order a teleflex safe-t steering unit to replace the old unit.
1965 sea king 18 foot cuddy cabin, oem steer unit was a 9 foot teleflex unit.

louiefl

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Teleflex XTREME Mechanical Steering Field Test - Exclusive offer for Forum member

1996 Aquasport Osprey 17'5" center console with 1996 Johnson 88 Special. There is some backlash in the steering system and effort is a bit on the high side. I would love to participate in the program. My boat gets a fair bit of use and will definitely get more as the summer approaches. Thanks!

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

I don't qualify Ranger 354v 150 merc

vrodrig

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1999 Dargel Skout center console
70 Hp Suzuki, I dont think Suzuki made the 75 Hp.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1999 18cc Sea Sport 1999 Yamaha F100

64osby

Admiral

Hey Brad,

I have a 1973 Starcraft Mariner CC 21' (MR21) with a 1985 Johnson V4 90HP, power trim only

I was just looking at updating the console and new steering would be a great addition.

I would be glad to give feedback. Hope to be one of the few lucky ones.

JCNailen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My boat is a 16.5' bay boat of my design. (I am a boat builder/boat shop). Will be powered with a Evinrude 85hp. Center console. No existing steering has been installed yet. Will need a 14' cable.

caretaker1

Cadet

Sunbird Neptune 160
1996 johnson 90 (J90TLEDA)

thanks for the chance

McGowanSix

Recruit

Teleflex Marine is partnering with iboats.com to offer an exclusive field test for iboats.com Forums members for a new product line called XTREME Mechanical Steering. We are looking for 10 participants who have boats that fit the following specifications:

-Pontoon and center console boats powered by a single outboard engine with a horsepower between 75-135 HP
-Existing steering cannot be power assisted or hydraulic

If selected, Teleflex Marine will send you a free XTREME Mechanical Steering System (bezel, helm, cable - everything you will need except the steering wheel) for your specific boat. You would then install the steering system and provide a review on how the system performs. Then, the system is yours to keep for free!

If your boat fits the above criteria and you would like to be considered for the field test, please reply to this post with:

The make, model, and year of your boat (example: Key West, 176 CC, 2011)
The make, horsepower, and year of your engine (example: Mercury, 115 HP, 2011)

We will then select 10 random participants for the field test. We will announce the lucky participants next week.

Good Luck and Happy Boating!

iboats.com

I'm in the process of rebuilding my boat now and the mechanical steering system is on the list! Would love to test out this new system and provide feedback.

Boat:
Deckboat, Lodecker, 1976

Outboard:
Mercury 1150, 115 HP, 1978

incharleston

Cadet

Boston Whaler, 17 ft CC, 1967
Mariner, 90 HP, 1992

byteman

Cadet

I am working on a 1989 Starcraft rebuild, complete gut and build up. Just put the motor back on ('88 Yamaha 130) and about to put the CC back in so I can start installing the wiring.

boaterinsd

Petty Officer 1st Class

Forester, 150 , 1981
Mercury, 80 HP, 1978
just installed this motor on boat with original steering cable setup.
Would be very interested in trying this.

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 2005 32ft Tracker with cabin and it is powered by a single 115 Mercury 4 stroke and the steering is about due to come out given the fact that the boat came from New Jersey(salt). I am located in Northern California and boat on Lake Oroville and Lake Shasta. Thank you for the consideration. Regards, Steve

Sea Stomper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Orrion 16 foot tri hull 1977
Chrysler 85 horsepower 1975

This boat is not a CC or Pontoon, it is a tri hull. Boat will be launched on May 19.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

1971 starcraft center console, 18ft aluminum, mariner,1979 70hp johnson outboard with power tilt n trim,serious fishing boat,if it makes driving my boat easier then theres no better. upgraded steering with teleflex already,but no power.

seakingbob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1992 Starcraft CC MR 170 with a 1990 70 hp evinrude. Come on it's only 5 hp less then you need. good enough.
Just finished my rebuild and it would be great to get a NEW state of the art steering system!

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

'85 Bass Buggy 20'
'86 Johnson 110hp

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

2007 Bentley 20' Pontoon with a 90 HP Mercury 4 stroke. Could always use a better steering system..

ddzhere

Cadet

1999 Bass Tracker 25' pontoon 1999 Mercury 90 hp outboard

Crevise crawler

Recruit

85 Lowe 24" pontoon. 89 110hp Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.